Is DMZ like having no router?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Xenokai, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

If i use DMZ on my xbox 360 is that like having my xbox hooked right into the modem or is it even less secure then that?

I have a XBOX 360 and decided i wanted no extra firewalls slowing me down online. I have a Linksys BEFSX41 and it has a DMZ port and a option to use DMZ on 1 specific port. So i enabled this for port 4 (port my xbox is hooked to). Is this safe? is it just like having it hooked to the modem with no router?

2. varnull

varnull Guest

less secure than plugged straight into your modem??.. where do you get your drugs from?.. because I want some...

NO.. it's a demilitarised zone.. means the router firewall settings will not apply.. a non protected port to the modem.. THE SAME as plugging straight into the modem.

3. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

Dont have to be rude about it. I just didnt full understand what DMZ does. I always thought it was a mode that disabled all firewall and extra router stuff to a certain port. I guess i was right. I asked if it was less secure because i didnt fully understand the DMZ thing. Thanks for the reply i guess.