is it likely u will get caught if u downlo ad copy righted materia l?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by enginne, Oct 9, 2010.

1. enginne

enginne Member

after the file was downloaded i went to the torrent site and noticed that one of the downloaders wrote a warning telling people not to download the file because at&t busted him for downloading torrents. he claims that one of the seeders was a spy working for the mpaa and they obtained his isp and got him busted. this appears to have been posted a month ago. i don't have at&t though, i have vrizn. can someone tell me what are the odds I'll see trouble? cease and desist letter in the mail? interruption of service? law suit? (i know i should not give so much weight to some random message posted on the internet, but i am worried)... for the record: i am not advocating the download of copy righted material. i believe we should all do the right thing and support the copyrighters.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

So, what did you download?

3. enginne

enginne Member

obviously what happened was a mistake but thanks for pointing out the perceived hypocrisy anyway. if anyone wants to answer the initial questions by all means

4. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

It would depend on the specific file and the trackers and who monitering it.if the mpaa are really monitering it theres a chance you might get caught.The person that did get caught might of been a big time pirate and attracted the attention of law enforcement and would of got caught no matter what.

5. DXR88

DXR88 Regular member

Scared? big bad boogeyman gonna get ya. cause if your are than they've already won.