is it possible to boot xbox games from computer HD?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by bleedx, Mar 18, 2009.

1. bleedx

bleedx Guest

Like boot the xbe file on your xbox, but the file is actually on your pcs hard drive? I tried making an ftp server on my computer and then getting an ftp app for my xbox, i foudn the xbe file on the ftp server but the xbox wouldnt boot it for some reason. i got the idea from how xbox media center streams movies and music from your comps hard drive but i wish xbe files would boot because i only have like 4.9 gigs on my xboxs hd it barley fits all my roms and stuff let alone any game. Also my xboxs dvd rom drive is broken.

Ok thanks for readind any help would be appreciated

2. varnull

varnull Guest

not possible.. the xbox OS is configured to ONLY run games from the local drives... as has actually been explained about 10,000 times before.

3. bleedx

bleedx Guest

nvm closed

actually can u point me as to why its not possible?
    these 10 thousand other threads?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2009
  4. whitore1

whitore1 Member

I'm new here, so I don't know about the other threads, but on my softmodded box, everything that the xbox handles is done locally. It just won't allow you to browse outside of the system. It's probably possible for it to happen, but no code has been written for it, and I doubt that it's worth the trouble. The xbox really isn't that powerful of a system. You would be better off installing a large hard drive onto your box.