1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by moonfrog, May 14, 2005.

1. moonfrog

moonfrog Member

I dunno. The graphics don't look all that much better than what exists now and I don't like the idea of paying to download new levels and such. Just Microsoft trying to make more money off me. I don't use the Xbox Live feature at all because I don't need another bill. Also the name 360 is stupid. It should be X2 duh.

EBGames is taking pre-orders. I talked to the guy this morning and he said it'd be around $350-$400. But he may have been lowballing me to get me to pre-order one. So far I don't think I'll run out and get one. Too much money and not much to show for it. Blah.

Maybe by the time PS3 comes out 360 will show me something worth buying. Till then I'll wait for 2006.

2. TheWuse

TheWuse Member

No, thats not right, xbox 360 live will be free of charge unless you upgrade to a gold account, but me i won't, but if you just keep a silver account it will be free of charge unless you join a massive online game which may charge additional fees. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox360/onlinespecs.htm

Last edited: May 18, 2005
  3. Hajduk

Hajduk Member

Actually, all that fuss that its not that much better is a lie made up by Sony. The graphics are purely next gen, and XBOX 360 is surely powerful enough. Remember, all the games are still in relatively early stages, and the system's power is really shown later on in its life. Its really up to the developers. Nonetheless, the real time graphics are to be better then pre-rendered graphics on current consoles.

4. jayquik03

jayquik03 Regular member

and if you look ps3 is all pre-rendered matrerial they dont got crap really yet. they got a few demos but still they havent done anything with the system