Is the new Yamada DVX-6600 Any Good??

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by gaz_0001, Mar 2, 2004.

1. gaz_0001

gaz_0001 Regular member

I need some opinions on this player, anything that is already on the net is no good to me because i have read it already. Ive found that this player is more or less the same as the 6000/6100 models (Which were Good) but this one looks the Dogz Bollicks!!! I need someones opinion, someone who has got this player and is not trying to sell it to me!!! i need to know does it look as smart as it does on the websites, is it noisy. And the main thing, how compatible is it?? I download a lot of films off the tinternet and they come in a variety of formats, mainly DivX?Xvid, VCD/SVCD, what is the playback like on them?? Any nfo is much appreciated.

2. Shad

Shad Regular member

its average. i dont have it but my friend told me abot it cuz he has it.

3. gaz_0001

gaz_0001 Regular member

Ive just got mine, litterally it has not even been unwrapped yet, ive been that busy. So, if anyones got any questions about them, ie appearance things like that then just PM me, i am yet to test it out.

4. hasanhaq

hasanhaq Member

Hey mine came today from Www.gameloaded.co.uk,

What can i Say, it's amazing, i'm not trying to sell it for you (not like my dad works at yamada or something) but This is amazing.

Lets say you have a DVD R disc. On that disc you have 6 .avi files (divx movies), 2 mp3 full albums, and loads of other vids, you put it in the 6600, guess what? your given a browser system to browse through the files, and you can watch EVERY file, it plays the lot!!, the only problem is the BLUE LCD thing doesnt light up but who cares? I think they dropped the idea of it later on, or firmware needs updating, not too sure.
    However a top machine, and for £70!!! why the HECK are you complaining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. gaz_0001

gaz_0001 Regular member

Bang On pal, this player is sh*t hot. It'll play anything, perfectfor if youre downloading music and video of the tinternet! I was too a bit dissappointed when the blue light didnt lite up, i looked everywere for how to switch it on and in the end i contacted yamada and found that it did not lite up at all!!!