is there a program that shrinks audio on a standard size disc?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by lambsk1, Jun 28, 2004.

1. lambsk1

lambsk1 Member

Hi.

Does anyone know if there's a program available that shrinks audio to fit onto a standard size disc?

The format is wave and it seems to be too big for the space available on a blank disc. The music arrangement is a mix which was probably shrunk onto the original copy.

Thanks heaps.

Lambsk1

2. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

I thought .wav files were small. Unless you downloaded a whole album onto a single .wav file, normally it shouldn't be that big...

Well, for programs, it would depend on what type of file you wanted the .wav to convert to.

What I would do is do a search on www.google.com
    for:-

".wav converter to <the file type you want>"

Hope this helps!

3. lambsk1

lambsk1 Member

Hi.

No i'm trying to burn a mixed audio (wav) cd and however the dj layed the tracks, the (complete) mixed music is larger than an average size 700MB/80min blank disc.

You usually get that alot with mixed DJ cd's. Sometimes there's about 25 songs on the one disc. Just wondering if there's a program available that allows to decrease the size of the (wav.) audio to fit onto a standard size blank disc.

This only applies to wav format and not MP3.

Thanks

Lambsk1

4. msb5150

msb5150 Regular member

Not unless you're willing to make the songs on the cd quicker. The wav format does not support recompression the wav video and compressed audio does.