1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Is there such a thing as "Audio" or "Music" DVD?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by BeemerRT, Dec 24, 2021.

1. BeemerRT

BeemerRT Member

I want to combine several CDs into one big DVD. Total of 61 tracks (high res mp3)

The problem: All the MP3 can fit on a CD but if I put the CD in the console player I have to select "music" and then select the first track. I just want to have it start playing when inserted like a regular music cd and not have to hunt for the remote.

Set-top or console players launch immediately if a music cd is inserted. I tried Nero 2018 then mistakenly upgraded to 2022 thinking they had implemented "Audio DVD"

Maybe what I am trying to do cannot be done. I want all 61 wave tracks on the DVD and I do not see how to burn a DVD with wave so it is recognized as a "Music DVD" or "Audio DVD" and not as media having a bunch of wave or mp3 files.

2. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

You don't say what app in Nero you used nor what you selected to create the CD. You can create an CD which will play automatically in a standard player using Audio CD in Nero Express. Also in Nero Express, you can select Jukebox Audio DVD. For this, your player has to recognize either mp3, wma or Nero AAC. It's not clear what "console" means.

You can also create an audio CD in Burning Rom. You can also create a music DVD-Video in Nero Video with the addition of a very short picture or video to the timeline along with your music which will play automatically in a standard DVD player.

3. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Nero can't do what he's trying to do. What he wants is to copy several CDs to a DVD, and then have the DVD playback as though it was a mult-CD, and have the ability to choose which CD on the DVD he wants to play. The problem is that a CD and a DVD are structured quite differently.

What he can do is create an image or audio only DVD, and create a selectable menu. Then he can play either one of his CD images, or audio only files, or all of the image or audio files in sequence. To do this he can rip each CD, and then use images to create a video to the length of the CD. I use images because it makes it more interesting, but you can turn the monitor or TV off.

I use a free video editor called OpenShot. The link is below.

https://www.openshot.org/

Attached Files:

4. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

Nero can create the DVD in both manners I mentioned. The only proviso for the Jukebox Audio DVD is what I mentioned. If the proviso isn't met, then it can only be played on a computer.

If he wants to use Nero Video, he can add chapter markers between each audio file and create a menu with chapters, if he wants to make a specific selection. There's a limit of 99 chapters per title and he would want to name each chapter. Of course, the player would need to be able to display a menu unless it's connected to something with a display.

He will need to rip the content of each CD to disk. If the CD's are copy protected, he won't be able to use Nero to rip the files.

5. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

If he uses OpenShot he can export the result as DVD compliant that can play back on any DVD or BD player. AAC audio at 256 kpbs bitrate is better than MP3 at the same bitrate. As for ripping the CD. CD is an old format so any older CD ripper that will run on later versions of Windows will do. Once he's done that then he can begin loading the files into OpenShot or a similar video creator editor. It's surprisingly easy and quite effective. The included image shows some of the file export options.

https://fixthephoto.com/best-free-cd-ripper.html

Attached Files:

6. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

I only mention Nero because he already has it. It's similarly simple and he can burn the project to disc directly from Nero Video. The latter also has other options similar to those in your picture. I wonder where the author is.

7. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I'm good with your mention of Nero. I'm a lover of open not for profit software. I made a suggestion to the OP to do something I've already successfully done. Instead of adding groups of images he could add a sing image of say the CD cover. I have no idea if OP has any intention to return, but that doesn't matter a lot to me. Maybe someone else will come along with the same question and see our posts?

8. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

Yeah, there's no need to add multiple images.

I also agree that it might help someone else regardless of whether or not the OP responds. However, I always like to hear back, especially if successful, because the satisfaction of successfully helping someone is the name of the game for me. I just dislike threads where myself or others work with someone, sometimes for a long time, and the end results are never known.