ISO files for a game. Unusual problems?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by rmarieg88, Mar 18, 2008.

1. rmarieg88

rmarieg88 Member

I want to begin with saying I've looked around on the forums looking for something to help me out, because I know this may look like a common problem...but I've tried everything I've found on here and on anything else I've found in my search for answers...so I've resorted to sitting down and typing out a long description of my problem, in hopes to finally get some help. I'll be as descriptive as I can and I hope it helps.

I downloaded (using BitTorrent) The Sims 2 computer game. I've downloaded it before and installed it before using Alcohol 120%, but I've been having a lot of problems trying to do this again. In my first attempt, after the download was finished, the format of the files were all UIF, I've never heard of that and I tried to work with these. I attempted to convert the files, but to no avail. I've downloaded different programs; MagicDisc, DameonTools, and Alcohol 120%. I was having a lot of problems with the UIF files, and getting no where, so I downloaded another version...this time the files were ISO ("ISO-Image Disc" files to be specific, I'm not sure if it's the same as a regular ISO file). I started from the beginning, using Alcohol, I mounted the first file (it was labeled 01. The Sims 2) and I'm guessing the auto-run started up, and I get an error message to insert the correct disc. After playing with this for awhile, mounting it with the other programs I downloaded (MagicDisc, DameonTools) I was still getting the same error message. I then proceeded to extract the files using winRAR, after they were extracted I had many files, including an auto-run icon. With the ISO image mounted, I tried to run this auto-run, but still got the same error message.
    Feeling like I was out of options, I searched around online a little more and found something I might need to download to "trick" the computer into thinking there really is another drive...I don't remember the specific name of this, it was just something I needed to download, and then run. This didn't help either.
    I've loaded games before with ISO files and using Alcohol, so I don't know why I am having so many problems...but now I'm stuck with two different kinds of The Sims 2 on my computer, and no more ideas. I was hoping someone would be able to help me out. But I do ask one thing, if you do have any suggestions, could you please give me step by step instructions? I haven't been doing this installing-games-on-the-computer-from-downloaded-files very long so I get confused really easily. I'd really appreciate anyone's time, help, or suggestions.

2. ArkadiyG

ArkadiyG Regular member

With program like daemon or alcohol, did you try opening the file even though it wasn't recognized by them?

What I mean is when you tried to mount it, and the uif files didn't appear with the "All images" selected, did you try clicking it and setting it to "All Files" and opening the UIF?

Also try MagicIso.

3. rmarieg88

rmarieg88 Member

I just tried what you suggested, but the box popped up that pops up when you insert a blank CD..."CD Drive (M:), Blank Disc, What do you want Windows to do?"
    I tried MagicISO as well, I'm getting the same error message.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  4. edge2000

edge2000 Member

Just burn the iso to disc instead of trying to mount it.
    Use infra recorder