ISO..now what?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by alodude, Aug 29, 2005.

1. alodude

alodude Member

HI...does my ISO that I created using QWIX need to be patched in some way before burning it onto a dual layer dvd? Or...do I need to do some special patching of the game files that were copied before creating the Image with QWIX?

THANKS,
    -Alex

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

depends on the game but most you donthave to patch you just burn the ISO

3. alodude

alodude Member

How do I know if it needs to be patched? thanks---

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

burn it if it dont work then do a search on the game to see how others have backed it up.

5. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@alodude
    Assuming you have a working FTP connection between your xbox and Qwix...
    Open the Qwix program->
    Click Load ISO->
    Navigate to the file/game's .iso, select it->
    Click FTP Upload all->
    Depending on the size of the game (Avg. 7 to 15min, transfer to xbox should be complete)

6. ftphelp

ftphelp Member

i have an iso and last night i tried to ftp it back to my xbox and well it was taking awhile so i went to sleep woke up 8 hours later and it still was going the progress bar was not moving.so can some one please help im useing quix and the game is the new hulk game ty

7. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Many people have had that problem. My guess, it's just one of those things. I'm patiently awaiting a new version of Qwix to be released 1.01 seems to be final??? Anyway, since you have an FTP Connection established I'd use Flash FXP or another FTP Client if one Client is causing problems on a particular file/game.

8. ftphelp

ftphelp Member

so i can use flashxp to put my iso on my computer? or what could i do to fix this i have forget what current dashbored im using becasue ichanged it from evox today does that matter?any help would be nice ty

9. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

When the games are inside your xbox, they are not in ISO format. It's a folder with all the game files inside.

Yes you can use Flash FXP or ant FTP Client to transfer any one or multiple game fodlers to your PC. Once that is done, you can use Qwix to create the iso file you need.

10. ftphelp

ftphelp Member

i have the iso on my computer i need it back on my box but quix didnt do it last night for somereason it was being gay 8 hours? no way it should tak that long

11. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

O.k. so reverse what I said then. Use QWIX to extract the iso into the folder with the game files. FTP that folder to your xbox in the games folder of the xbox. Once again you can use any FTP Client to transfer

12. ftphelp

ftphelp Member

oh ok seems so simple now got to do that when i go home ty so much

13. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

It is simple...good luck

14. ftphelp

ftphelp Member

ok how fasst should quix ftp the iso back its only going at 43-47 KB/s for me

15. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

I normally get 10,000 to 11,000 kb/s

16. ftphelp

ftphelp Member

ya see the way i have it set up is i have the ethernet from the xbox going into my computer then i have the usb from my computer going into the modem as well someone said that is why it so slow. so he said go buy a crossover cable well i went to the nearst radio shack and the know it all (yea right) and the dude said that a networking cable is the same as a crossover so i said ok...and i guess it dont work becasue its not connecting

17. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Radio Shack people are idiots when you call them and answer they say you got question we got answer well they dont have SH*T! you need a crossover cable if your hooking your Xbox directly to the computer so bring back the regular netwroking cable and get your money back and go to a computer store that knows what they are talking about.

A cross over cable looks like a network cable but has 2 wires switched around. So either go back to radio shack and ask for a crossover cable and make sure it says crossover networking vable or get your money back and go to another store.

Another soution would be getting a router that way you can hook up the xbox to the router and the computer to the router and have your modem going into the modem port on the router and your computer and Xbox both can use the internet that way plus FTP to each other.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2005
  18. ftphelp

ftphelp Member

yea im know they are why i listined to him i dont know i wounder if i could switch the wires around? what ever wires they are

19. larrylje

larrylje Active member

if the link below worked right it shows radio shack has crossover cables. Go back to radio shack and have them get on thier site and type in crossover netwprk cable and get the product number so you know you have the right 1 and have them exchange the regular network cable they gave you before. The site is below hopfully it links right so you can see they have them.

http://www.radioshack.com/search.as...cable&hp=search&SRC=1&image1.x=27&image1.y=35

Last edited: Sep 1, 2005
  20. ftphelp

ftphelp Member

well they were out of them and he said they are the same so i was like okay i mean there were both made from the same company so i was like the same company named the same product 2 diffrent names but i was desprate and i bought it i was tired of transfering at 45KB/s its driving me insane....