iso problems

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by kewsh11, Aug 18, 2005.

1. kewsh11

kewsh11 Member

Is there any way to ftp iso to the xbox without using quix? I would really appreciate it.

2. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

You could use Craxtion but your dashboard would have to be EvoX thru the process.

Read about it here http://www.craxtion.com/

3. kewsh11

kewsh11 Member

i have craxtion but im not sure how to use it cause i tried to extract the iso to the xbox and i just see the rars, i created the iso, or at least thought i did. Im just lost right now!!

4. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Do you mind me asking...what's the problem with Qwix?

5. kewsh11

kewsh11 Member

quix doesnt seem to agree to the version of evox im running cuz it just freezes whenevr i try to do anything with it. But when i hook my other box to it thats running avalaunch it does fine..

6. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Qwix is an Avalaunch program, and only works with the Avalaunch dashboard. Craxtion is a good alternative :)

7. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

I believe Xbox doesn't boot ISO files, you have to extract the ISO first before FTPing it over to Xbox. Then you can just use any FTP client to do that, don't have to use Qwix or Craxtion.

8. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@kewsh11
    Gotcha, yeah Quadratic is right if, you're using EvoX, stick to Craxtion. I'm not very familiar with Craxtion because I use Avalaunch so Qwix ismy default but here is a link to a Craxtion issue with aD http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/213986.

Also true but if you prefer to use program such as Craxtion you may want to change your dash to Avalaunch and use Qwix or use an earlier version of Craxtion. In that link I gave you, this topic came up and one guy I know that's dedicated to Craxtion agrees it's full of bugs so he uses a prior version 3.1 and hasn't issues yet.