ISO to XBOX - Not Working

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by nkainth, Sep 10, 2005.

1. nkainth

nkainth Member

hey guys,

i've searched the entire forum, and although similar questions have come up the solutions offered have not worked out for me.

here goes...

i have a xbox game (on my pc) in the form of 30-40 .rar files...using winrar i extracted these files into an .ISO...i also used xiso extractor as suggested in a previous thread and created a XISO.

then using the Qwix program i ftp'd the "Xbox ISO" file to the XBOX.

using avalaunch to view the file i noticed the folder for this file contains the same 30-40 .rar files and NOT the game files. i noticed that all the other games that i have on my HDD have files such as .xbe, data folders/files, etc...whereas i have the same ".rar", etc files that i originally extracted into a .ISO (using xiso extractor).

i'm not sure what i am doing wrong here...the alternative was to burn the .ISO file on to a DVD-R then rip it onto the XBOX HDD using DVD2XBOX...which did work and i was able to play the game...BUT, This is obviously a pain, since i have to waste dvd-r's when i could simply ftp the file.

any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

you seem to have answered your own question...just transfer the files as they are on the pc..the xbox can't read an iso off the HDD

3. nkainth

nkainth Member

again, please pardon my ignorance...

u mentioned i should "just transfer the files as they are on the pc."

however the files as they are on my pc are in the form of winrar files.
    ie. "***.r08, ***.r09, etc".

so i did as u said and transferred them as is to the xbox using FlashFXP and again am i left in the same situation = all of these winrar files saved on my hdd and no game files in sight.

again this is the same thing that happened when i created the iso on my pc and ftp'd it to the HDD - same winrar files, no game files.

i know i must be doing something wrong here...any other troubleshooting tips?

thanx.

4. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

you need to extract the winrar archive into an iso and then extract the iso using Qwix or Craxtion and then FTP the files to your xbox hdd. With FlashFXP you can create a folder in your E:\games F:\games or G:\games directory. So for example it will look like this F:\games\halo2 . You would FTP all the extracted iso files from your computer into the Halo2 folder.

5. nkainth

nkainth Member

thanks for your help guys...i finally got it to work.