Jade Empire on a DVD5?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Xenokai, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

2. Slayer102

Slayer102 Guest

Finally someone talks.

3. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

I ripped Jade Emire a while back and beat it (I used the balugabutt method also) . I then borrowed a copy from my friend and beat that one. The ripped version sucked majorly compared to the real version, because it was much more in depth and I actually understood what was going on because all of the videos were there.

So if you want the full effect from this game, rent it or borrow it from a buddy.

4. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

guess i wont even try the game lol i heard dvd9 works i may get it when im able to geta dvd9

5. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

6. manufan

manufan Regular member

You are much better off putting it on a dvd9 if you can but remember it will need patching if your modchip doesnt support dual layer backups.

7. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

im just gnna let it compress xD

8. goduke

goduke Guest

I backed this up on a DL disc and it works just fine so far. This is an amazing game!

9. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

after compressing i found out it still didnt fit so i went threw with bink and found all the char only movies and deleted those like the bold guys and 2 of the womens cutscence i wouldnt need and it fit

10. yankee22

yankee22 Member

How do I patch a DVD9 Disc to work with my Xbox? I originally used Craxtion 4 the regular way and used Nero 6 to burn onto a Memorex DVD9 disc but it wouldn't read. My Xbox is modded with an Xecuter 3 chip.

11. papifred

papifred Member

Not shure but, I think depends on the dvd drive. My Xbox doesn't Read DVD+R, but it reads DVD-R and DVD+RW !!!... I have not tried DL yet.

12. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

I have yet to play Jade Empire is it really that good. How much different is it to KoTOR? (besides the obvious!), I was not that big on it to begin with and the German Localized version was enough to kill my intrest in it alltogether. :(

As far as a Modchip suportting DL Backups I never heard such nonsence before. As far as I know there is no Modchip out there that can rule over the DVD-ROM Drive. It will either read or not read whatever it wants to, and that's that.

Luckly though I can seem to use both DVD Formats includeing +DL (8.5Gb) Discs and CD\RW's in my XBOX™ v1.2 Philips DVD-ROM Drive. Sadly however It will not read CD-R's though. :(

"Let's not confuse the issue of 'Signed Code' with the ability to actually read Disc Contents. Or to take for granted that such Disc's were burned in the XISO Format!"

But if there were an agument about Modchips that suported DL Backups (or not),. Then all one should need do is to upgrade there Firmware (i.e. BIOS Image) with one that did! Remember People a Modchip is just a blank Chip till you put an Image on it! That includes Cheapmods!!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2005
  13. manufan

manufan Regular member

About the mix up with modchips and dual layer backups sorry about that guys i was getting mixed up with the ps2. The ps2 modchip needs to support dual layer backups or you need to patch the game the xbox doesnt, sorry again!