Joystick problems

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by SONY007, Apr 21, 2003.

1. SONY007

SONY007 Member

Just bought myself a 'Saitek Cyborg 3D Platinum' joystick for my pc so I can use it to play Medal Of Honour on-line but I can't get the thing to work. I've followed the instruction book to the Tee on how to install it. I put in the cd followed the prompts until it asked me to connect the usb lead in the pc, finished the installed process. 'Hardware was installed successfully' it says. I then click on the 'Saitek Smart Technology Programming Software' icon on my destop and I get this message 'You must plug in a supported Saitek programmable controller before you can continue'. So what is a programmable controller? how do I get this joystick to work?

2. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

Did you also go into the control panel and make sure your system is set for that joystick? I got a saltek (cant remember model) and even if i never unhook it, every time i reboot my machine and want to use it I always have to go and recalibrate it in the control panel, and make sure it's set to use that joystick, my machine defaults to one of my others for some reason. if it's USB you shouldn't even need to mess with the software it came with, just set it up in the control panel and calibrate it.