1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jungle Flasher Tutorial for STOCK 83850C Lite-ON (pictures included)

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by leerage, Sep 4, 2009.

1. leerage

leerage Regular member

PLEASE READ COMPLETELY BEFORE ATTEMPTING!!!!

The method for LiteOn drives has changed. Please see this tutorial: Dump FULL LiteOn firmware

Some people have said that the Jungle Flasher tutorial seemed a bit confusing so I am making this tutorial to make it a bit easier to understand!

This image tutorial was created to show you how to dump and flash a STOCK 83850C Lite-ON with Jungle Flasher.

Things you will need:

Jungle Flasher v0.1.66
    iXtreme 1.6 for 83850C Lite-ON
    Compatible SATA chipset
    SATA cable
    PortIO installed (requires 32bit Operating System)
    .Net Framework 2.0 or higher
    CK3 Lite/PRO (optional)

Make sure to have iXtreme 1.6 for 83850C Lite-ON in the firmware folder that is within the Jungle Flasher folder so you can utilize the autospoof feature! File name: ix16-liteon838.bin

If your onboard SATA is compatible, you can skip the steps for removing the VIA driver.

In this tutorial I am using a VIA SATA card with the 6421 chipset.

I have removed the VIA driver from C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers folder to prevent a system freeze when trying to erase the Lite-ON.

To remove the VIA driver:

1. Disable VIA card in Device Manager.
    2. Go to C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers and remove "viamraid.sys" or "vsmraid.sys".
    3. Re-Enable VIA card in Device Manager.
    4. Re-Boot PC.

----------WARNING--------
    When decrypting the key of a 83850C Lite-ON, there is a chance that the key can be corrupted, but it still may look valid. The only way to truly know that it works is to spoof the information you decrypted, to another drive and test it out. If it plays a game, the key is good. Spoofing to another drive is optional, but highly suggested!!

First you will want to check a couple of things.

Make sure the VIA driver is not installed by checking in Device Manager. Notice the yellow exclamation mark.
    [​IMG]

You also need to have PortIO and .Net 2.0 or higher installed. PortIO is included with Jungle Flasher and .Net can be obtained from Microsoft.
    [​IMG]

Go ahead and power on your Lite-ON drive with your connectivity kit or the XBOX 360.
    Start up Jungle Flasher and go to the DVDkey 32 tab. You might have to change the I/O Port to find your Lite-ON.
    Once you find it, you should see the properties listed under Drive properties.
    I unticked "Dummy bin Only" so I could get the Inquiry and Identify also.

[​IMG]

Once you have identified your Lite-ON, you will want to do the following:
    Click LO83info.
    It will prompt you to put put your drive in half tray status (eject, shut off drive, push tray half way in, power drive back on).

[​IMG]

Next prompt will ask you to eject the drive to the full open position. (close the drive and then eject it)
    [​IMG]

This info is very important. It contains your encrypted DVDkey!
    You must check to make sure you get the "In Dedication" string.
    If you don't, JF will not allow you to continue.
    Go ahead and half tray your drive so you can obtain the Identify, Inquiry, and Dummy bin.

[​IMG]

Go ahead and eject your tray fully (close and then eject).
    [​IMG]

Jungle Flasher will prompt you to save your Inquiry, Identify, and Dummy bin.
    [​IMG]

----------WARNING--------
    When decrypting the key of a 83850C Lite-ON, there is a chance that the key can be corrupted, but it still may look valid. The only way to truly know that it works is to spoof the information you decrypted, to another drive and test it out. If it plays a game, the key is good. Spoofing to another drive is optional, but highly suggested!!

Double check here to make sure you have a good key!!
    Jungle Flasher will prompt you to autload iXtreme 1.6

[​IMG]

This is the result of the autospoof.
    Your DVDkey should be the same from the dummy bin to ix1.6.

[​IMG]

Go back over to the MTKFlash tab and you are going to click Lite-ON erase.
    Jungle Flasher will prompt you 2 times. 1st prompt is about the DVDkey and the 2nd prompt is about returning good flash chip properties.
    Pictured is the 2nd and last prompt. Click Yes.

[​IMG]

As soon as you click YES, you will power cycle the drive. That means shut it off for 1 second and turn it back on.
    You should get good flash chip properties. (pictured is MXIC, some will have Winbond/NEX)

[​IMG]

Go ahead and click WRITE.
    [​IMG]

Once it verifies OK, you can click Outro/ATA Reset and power off the drive.
    [​IMG]

Go ahead and test this out in your console.

Last edited: May 16, 2010
  2. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

thanks very much leerage, when you say to spoof the key to another drive to test it out can i spoof to any type of drive and test on the same xbox console?

3. wabashman

wabashman Active member

yes assuming its a 360 drive that is.

4. leerage

leerage Regular member

Yes, you can flash your info you just got from the Lite-ON to say, a BenQ. Put the BenQ in your console, and if it plays a game, you know your key is good.

5. jab1

jab1 Member

Thanks for this man been looking all over for a correct tut for the new liteon when i get my box i will use this thanks as lot.

6. leerage

leerage Regular member

No problem. :)

7. jab1

jab1 Member

I have a question i will be using a pcmcia card via and i'm thinking of using the uniata drivers so that my laptop won't freeze. or can i just uninstall the via drivers and it will work?

8. leerage

leerage Regular member

Go ahead and install the driver. Then remove it:

1. Disable VIA card in Device Manager.
    2. Go to C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers and remove "viamraid.sys" or "vsmraid.sys".
    3. Re-enable VIA card in Device Manager.
    4. Re-Boot PC.

9. kneegrow

kneegrow Member

I am a total DA sometimes. I am going to follow this tutorial for the 83850c. I think the one Team Jungle did is great, I just never closed the tray to fully open. I was always just pulling it open after doing the half tray part or just hitting eject to fully open the drive without closing it first after doing the half tray part. I hope doing that works because the other ways just give you the bad keys. Thanks to both Team Jungle for their tut and to leerage for doing this also.

10. leerage

leerage Regular member

If you are using the 360 to power the drive, eject the drive, remove the power plug from the drive, push it halfway in, and then plug the power cable back up. Once prompted to eject the tray fully, press the eject button to close it, then press it again to eject it fully.

11. shredr

shredr Member

leerage your guide worked perfect for me! I never owned an Xbox 360 until last week. I snagged an Elite after the price cut. For the flash I used the console as my PSU and sata from my PC mobo. This guide made everything simple. Just wanted to say thanks!

12. leerage

leerage Regular member

No problem. Glad I could help. :)

13. daman22

daman22 Guest

so if i have the new lite on, i dont need a connect kit, or probe or anything?

also if i dont have a connectivity kit, when the tut says to power off/on drive, do i unplug the power cord to the drive?

14. daman22

daman22 Guest

so if i have the new lite on, i dont need a connect kit, or probe or anything?

also if i dont have a connectivity kit, when the tut says to power off/on drive, do i unplug the power cord to the drive?

15. daman22

daman22 Guest

also when it says to power cycle after changing the tray status, I dont have a connectivity kit. so when it says open half way, i hit eject, unplug drive, push halfway, plug in drive. is that right? and for open status, i push drive in, then hit eject. do i need to unplug/plug in after that?

16. Rooq

Rooq Member

beautiful tutorial.Thats what u expect from leerage. all ur tutorials a great. One thing( Sorry if its kind of off topic) i am having trouble getting all the right firmware espcially for the 83850c Lite-on and the lite-on repack but do you think you could help me with that.

17. blasteryu

blasteryu Member

Question, will this tutorial work for 74850C

18. WDMKV

WDMKV Member

hi, i have a problem :(. i eject the try, i unplug the power cable,i put the try in half in and i put back the power cable but still not work:

Sending LO83info request to I/O port 0xC800

0000: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
    0010: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
    0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
    0030: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
    0040: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
    0050: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
    0060: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................

LO83info extraction Failed!

ps: when i unplug the power cable from dvd the green led blinks and when i put back also blink... please help :(
    sorry for my bad english
    thx

19. WDMKV

WDMKV Member

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  20. leerage

leerage Regular member

WDMKV, Make sure you are ejecting the tray, disconnect power to the drive, push it in halfway, and plug the power back in. Once you have done that, you will click OK and then it will ask you to eject the tray fully. So press the eject button to close the tray and then press it 1 more time so it is ejected fully.

You should be able to dump the encrypted DVDkey.

No.

Get the Auto Xbins downloader. Click the 5_xbins.exe to start the download. Click Here

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009