just an xbox copy question please respond dont look over me!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by bradikus7, Aug 6, 2005.

1. bradikus7

bradikus7 Member

i was just doing some research on xbox modding and other stuff i dont understand the ftb and bios flashing or anything like that but i bought an xbox and am currently having it soft modded so i can play burnt games. i dont have the money now for an extra hard drive so i need to backup games.

heres the questoin:

is it possible to just decrypt the iso of an xbox game to your hardrive, open the iso with qwix and patch it then convert to another iso and then burn with dvd decrypter??

also y cant you just copy with decrypter and then burn with decrypter? seems easier and it works for ps2 games?

thank you all for your time and please dont leave me smart ass remarks on how dumb i am i already know im new thnx

2. Flashed

Flashed Member

No you can't do that because an pc dvd drive won't read a xbox game properly the only way is to FTP

3. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Here is what your gonna need to do:

[bold]1)[/bold] Download Qwix101 or Craxtion 4

[bold]2)[/bold] Both programs above have a disc ripping option

[bold]3)[/bold] Start up your Xbox and if you are using the Avalaunch dashboard, use Qwix, if you are using the EvoX dashboard, use Craxtion.

[bold]4)[/bold]Pop in your Xbox disc into your Xbox drive

[bold]5)[/bold] Use the disc ripping option in one of the two programs above and rip the contents of the disc to your computer. (note: you must create an FTP connection in one of those programs to your Xbox before you can rip the disc's contents to your computer)

After you have the Xbox folder on your HD, then you can follow this guide:

http://webpages.charter.net/modchipzone/backupxboxgames.htm