Just installed Kaspersky AV Personal - but no internet connection

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Shinie, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Shinie

Shinie Member

Hi, I recently got Kaspersky AntiVirus personal as my AV program. After installation, it asked me to reboot to finish the installation, and so I did. After reboot, I tried to update my Virus definitions online, but however, the program cannot connect to the internet, it was then that I noticed that there was the LAN icon in my system tray. I double clicked on the LAN icon and it says something like " there is no connectivity, your connection is either unavailable or has been limited " <--- I don't know the exact words to it, but it's similiar.

It appears that it is not only just Kaspersky which is having trouble accessing the internet, my firefox and internet explorer cannot either.

I restarted my computer and load up again with the LAN icon in the system tray saying exactly the same thing and my internet is of course, still is not available. I then uninstalled my KAV personal and rebooted and this time the LAN icon did not appeared in my system tray, like it should - my internet now works.

Thinking that there might be some small coincidental errors during installation, I decided to reinstall KAV personal again. The exact same thing happened - no internet connection.

Anyone else having a similar issue? Or any ideas at all on how I can fix this?

I have the Netgear DG834G router and Windows XP SP2.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member