JVC GR-D370U minidv to pc.......i really need some help

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by zcarman, Jul 13, 2006.

1. zcarman

zcarman Guest

i have a jvc gr-d370u, and i can't figure out how to move the video from the minidv tape to my pc. i have all of the firewire stuff i need and a video editor. when i plug in the camera to my pc it makes a noise and then nothing after that. i have been searching forums for weeks now and i still can't get it to work.

2. PFloyd

PFloyd Regular member

What kind of firewire setup are you using? PCI card or built in?

3. zcarman

zcarman Guest

i use a pci card

4. PFloyd

PFloyd Regular member

What OS are you using?

5. zcarman

zcarman Guest

what is an os

6. zcarman

zcarman Guest

ok so when i plug in the camera and put it on playback it says av/c subunit then it goes away an i can't do anything. i have tries using windows media maker but when i try to capture from a device it is not on the list

7. zcarman

zcarman Guest

ok i checked in the device mager and it said that no drivers were installed for the device. does anyone know where i could download a driver to make it work

8. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

If you see the remark av/c subunit there is something wrong with the installation of your Firewire card.
    Best is to uninstall it using the device manager, reboot your PC and let your system automatically install it again. Firewire is plug 'n'play so you don't need a driver for it.
    You are not using Windows 98, are you? Because Firewire does not work under that OS (= Operating System)...

9. zcarman

zcarman Guest

i am using windows xp but it never tries to rienstall the firewire card
    but on the device manager it comes up as an imaging device but it doesn't have the right drivers installed

10. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

Well, if there is no camcorder connected you should not see the card as an imaging device. The only reference in the device manager should be an OHCI compliant IEEE1394 Host Controller under the category IEEE1394 Bus Host Controllers.
    If you connect a camcorder and turn it on you should see the camcorder appear under the category Imaging Devices. You should even see the brand name (like JVC-DV-camcorder).
    If you uninstall the card from the device manager and then reboot your PC you should see the new hardware wizard start and install the card. Try removing the card and put it back in again. It is either badly mounted or it is a faulty card...