Kenwood Hifi Speaker Repair - The cones r dented/ripped..

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by myksterx, Nov 21, 2009.

1. myksterx

myksterx Regular member

Hi guys i have a kenwood hifi that ive had for a few years and its a brilliant hifi and i wouldnt part with it for anything!

The only thing is - recently it was moved and i have damaged the cones (dented the middle bit) and the smaller "cloth" type speakers above the main one are dented and ripped - so obviously it looks a mess - but the speakers are working completely fine (probably the quality has decreased now)

The actual condition of the speaker are near mint - they have been on wall at the top of the corners of the room since new - apart from when being moved when they got damaged badly!

Any help ?

I am in the UK and cannot seem to find any close to me other than abroad (im from merseyside, st helens)

I just want them looking nice again - "re-coned" i think its called?

How much would it cost for 2 speakers done?
    Where do i go?
    etc.

thanks!!
    mike

2. aldan

aldan Active member

dented cones i would probably leave alone.if you feel you have to take q-tip,apply a little crazy glue to the end of it,and apply it to the middle of the dent.when the glue sets very gently pull out the dent.next is the hard part.you have to gently cut away as much of the q-tip material as possible.you are going to leave some behind.as to the rips,smooth the material together as much as possible and coat the rip with fingernail polish.the color is up to you.lol.this really works.cheers Al.