keyboard problems

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by nixit, Aug 2, 2004.

1. nixit

nixit Guest

hi folks,
    i have a problem with my keyboard: when i start my pc and im not yet in windows my keyboard isn't aktive. that means that i can't go into bios for example because the keyboard just gets aktive as soon as i'm in windows. so does anyone know if i can change some settings to make it aktive??

2. DMW

DMW Regular member

Sounds like a USB keyboard. If it is, grab a PS2 one for the time being and go into your bios, enable USB keyboard support.
    That should sort it out.
    If it isnt USB, then....erm...wierd.
    Let us know

Cheers

3. nixit

nixit Guest

yeah it is a usb keyboard!!! u mean a ps2/usb adapter?? i think i still have one of those. but how am i supposed to go into bios if the keyboard is only active when im in windows?? that's the problem.

4. nixit

nixit Guest

yeah it is a usb keyboard!!! u mean a ps2/usb adapter?? i think i still have one of those. i will try that.
    thx for the info.

5. DMW

DMW Regular member

It should work with your adapter and let you in the bios, change the USB supoprt to enable and then you can change it back to USB and it should be fine.

Cheers

6. nixit

nixit Guest

cool thx ;). i'll try that for sure but i won#t be able to try it till im'm home and that's in 3 days. so i'll let u know then.
    cu

7. nixit

nixit Guest

ok i've been in bios but when i go to usb legacy support i can choose between disabled, no mice and all device. i've tried all of them but it still won't work. can u help me again please?

8. 1Adonis4u

1Adonis4u Guest

All motherboards come equiped with ps2 keyboard ports... use a regular keyboard instead of usb and the problem is NO MORE. You won't need any adapters either. If you don't have a ps2 keyborad then get you one, they are dirt cheap.

9. cozza1987

cozza1987 Guest

Simple way, get a USB to PS2 adapter and plug it into the PS2 Port.

Regards
    CoZZa