KNA-G510 Navigation Installation

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by NicHt, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

I have never installed a navigation unit before and I was just wondering about a few things.

I'm reading this:
    http://inform3.kenwoodusa.com/manuals\KNAG510_install.pdf

On the steps on the third page, I know how to install the GPS antenna, I plan to put it on my dash. I then says to connect the wiring harness to your vehicle.

I know I have to ground the ground wire (Black) and I am going to ground the park brake wire (Light Green).

But I have no idea what to do with the ignition wire 12v (red), and the battery 12v (yellow). The wiring diagram just confuses me, can anyone tell me step by step where to hook up these two wires? And how to do it?

Thank You

Edit: I was looking at me head unit wiring harness, can I hook the red ignition wire to the car wiring harness wire labeled '12 V Switched power', I mean the switched power is another way of saying ignition right? And the yellow 'battery' wire to the wire labeled 12 V Constant power?

If so, how do I connect them? As the head unit harness is connected to my crutchfield stratus harness, do I just connect the navigation in the same place?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.