Know any good web-sites

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Sparatan, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Sparatan

Sparatan Member

Hey guys,do you know any good web sites where I can straight up download/burn xbox games.Thank you for reading this

Oh and what is wrong with that superanova.com website.Please help me

2. Magic606

Magic606 Guest

super nova is shut down or a paysite now

try bit torrent sites or paid memberships for ftp and personal websevers

and its going to take a long time to download :(

hit me up [EMAIL ADDY REMOVED]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2005
  3. roman_s

roman_s Guest

torrentspy.com you can download games and stuff. but it takes a while to download but from how i look at it...it's worth it.

4. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

suprnova.com was never a website, you mean supernova.org. There are many torrent sites out there, just search google.

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Magic606

Let's have a look at the forum rules ---> posting email addies isn't allowed!

6. Sparatan

Sparatan Member

What is a torrent sites.It may seem like a dumb question to you guys, but I don't understand alot of things that you guys talk about on this website (Afterdawn.com)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2005
  7. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Torrents are kind of like p2p networks in a way, but it does not have an interface like Kazaa, Limewire, etc. A site like http://www.torrentspy.com is a good example of a torrent site. It is legal to DL torrent files, as long is they are not illegal (ex. games, movies, programs that you do not own).

So here is what you should do:

1) Go to http://www.bittorrent.com/ and DL the bit torrent software.
    2) Check out torrent sites, such as the one I listed above.
    3) Once you have found what you want to DL, download the file to your desktop, and open that file you just downloaded w/ your bit torrent program. It will begin to DL, and that's it!

Once you get the basics down, look into getting torrent user interface programs like Azureus or bitlord, as you can DL torrent files much quicker using one of those programs.

8. Valor7

Valor7 Guest

The sweetest XboX sites are

1) xbox-hq.com
    2) xbox-scene.com

9. Sparatan

Sparatan Member

Can you just give me a web-site as in no searching, because im not so good with that stuff.Just a web site that I can straight get them from thanks

10. Jools_X

Jools_X Guest

11. Sparatan

Sparatan Member

Ok I sighned up (TimHackett7)now what.I really dont know what to do from here.I'm not tring to be rude but do you not rember me saying I don't know about this stuff alot.Please don't take this as me being mean,it's just I don't know how eles to put it.

12. Sparatan

Sparatan Member

Ok.What do I do.Am I suspose to download one of these files,I think save as a burnt image which I don't know how to do,then use any program that can burn stuff.I think I have a real good program called DVD & VHS Magic pumlished by Game Mill.Is that enoughf information to get me to the next step
    :-]

13. Jools_X

Jools_X Guest

Hi,

Make sure you have a torrent download program like BitComet.
    Then click on a link of the game you want. It will ask you to open or save it. I suggest you to open it. It will automatically load in BitComet. After that, sit back and wait for the files to download. It may be long sometimes according to the number of people connected and sharing the files.

Just tell me if you want more info. ;)

14. Sparatan

Sparatan Member

Also do I need to copy these files to a CD/DVD or connect my X-box to my Computer,or are all these ideas wrong.If these/this is right please let me know which one and how to do it thanks.

=-p

15. Jools_X

Jools_X Guest

Most of the time, the files you download via BitComet or any torrent prog, are in RAR format. You need to download WinRar to extract the .iso file from them. It's the .iso that you burn on a blank DVD.

16. Sparatan

Sparatan Member

OK.I'm going to nead a little more help with instructions.I all ready have WinRAR on my computer.So I have the bittorrent thing downloaded to my decktop and already have WinRAR installed on the computer.What???I'm stuck.
    :-{ ???
    ???????

17. Sparatan

Sparatan Member

And what/where is/are the .iso

18. deadbeat9

deadbeat9 Guest

iso are game files

19. tim1210

tim1210 Regular member

an ISO file is a disc image. you'll need a program like NERO or DVD DECRIPTOR to burn the ISO files on to discs. ALTERNATIVELY you can use a program like XISO to extract the iso into a game. then you can FTP the game folder to yoyur xbox's HDD (harddrive) and play it from there.

20. Sparatan

Sparatan Member

SO once I Download Nero,what are the steps for burning the .iso files on to a disk?Can I use a Memorex 4xRW DVD+R(4.7gb/120 min. video)Also,I know a little bit about FTP(mIRC) but I don't really know what your talking about for when you say that I can extract the .iso files with XISO to a game(what game?)and to FTP the game folder to my X-box's HDD.