LA Rush won't boot

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by tyche7, Dec 13, 2005.

1. tyche7

tyche7 Member

I have about 40 games of mine backed up on my Xbox but when I got LA Rush and tried to back it up -- it won't work. It goes to my load screen (my dash is Evox v.3935) and it just sits there and hangs.

I've tried playing with my settings but right now they're set to North America NTSC (the region the game is), with TSR disabled and In Game Reset is set to No. I can't start this game from the Xbox CD either. It does the exact same thing on the Xbox load screen. I've tried loading this from Avalaunch, from the Xbox MS Dashboard and none of it works.

Surely SOMEone has seen this same type of thing (either with this game or a different game). A bit more info on my Xbox -- it is a version 1.4 I believe and it has an Xecuter lite chip in it and the bios I have installed is Xecuter 2 4983.67 (which works with ALL of the other games I have including GTA San Andreas, Matrix PON, etc etc).

Anyone have any ideas? I am really trying to avoid having to flash my bios to a different bios as last time I did that I had some funky effects. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!!

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Did you try FTP or using your Xbox Explorrer and find your CACHE folders and empty them. Also see if there is a game save saved for that game and delete it from the gamesaves.

3. tyche7

tyche7 Member

Yes I just tried that to be sure and it doesn't work either. I cleared all 3 cache folders and it still gets locked up on the loading screen. Hmm...

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Do you still have the orignal game to try to back it up again. FTP and transfer the game from the D: Folder(Xbox DVD drive) to your computer then run it threw Quix or craxtion making an zISO and then burn and try.

Maybe it didnt transfer or rip all the files last time you did it.

5. tyche7

tyche7 Member

Unfortunately this hasn't worked either. I have copied the game 3 different times with 3 different versions of DVD2Xbox and none of them would boot either. I took note of the screen that said the number of files deleted and renamed and both were 0. So then I tried copying it onto my computer, using Craxtion and ftp'ing it over to my Xbox. That does the exact same thing as well. Nothing seems to work for me on this one!! Any other suggestions? Thanks thus far for at least giving me some things to try.

6. PHLAK

PHLAK Member

One of my soft modded xboxes was doing the exact same thing to me. It has about 50 xbox games on it, but every time I try to load Black Hawk Down it freezes at the loading screen. I have deleted it and try'd backing it up over and over again with DVD2XBOX and I have tried the FTP'ing part too. NOTHING. So if you figure it out please PM or email me bro. Thanks everyone!