Landlords

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Prisoner, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I never get really pissed off, and have never hated any one until NOW!

I got suck with a toxic moldy apartment and this guy is pissing me off.

***Deleted because I am a better person then Mr. Freedman****

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2005
  2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

did you check with the landloard tenants act. did you check with the city & province??

3. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I had my hearing today, and it was ajurned. So I have lots of time to fix up my case. I just wanted it done, and not draged on for months.

4. ddp

if moldy than is an health issue so check with health dept & building inspector as there is good chance of leaking water causing the mold

5. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Water leaks and failure to repair water leaks was the source of the problem. I got an inspector in and the mold was confirmed toxic. So since I could never move in (first water problem, Now mold problem) I am tring to terminate the lease. Why he doesn't just do it and get rid of me I have no idea. As I am really geting pissed off with him.

6. ddp

go for it than & good luck!!

7. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Shall I pack up the arsenal and pay your landlord a visit Prisoner? How about we just burn the entire building down? Oooohhh I'm getting all excited at the possibilities :D

Does he have a daughter? I've learned that most folks tend to see things my way after I threaten to date their daughter :)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2005
  8. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

All I know is he has a son. The wife is not that good looking, she the landlord on paper, never met her until today, but she was the reason for the ajurnment.

9. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

So I need to go after her then?

10. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Go for it her name is Marilyn Freedman. The landlord on paper, but has nothing to do with the place. Appearently the hearing needed to be ajurned because she had some for or sort of evidence. I am curious what she knows. I talked to her yesturday, I didn't introduce my self. I went to talk to then tenant upstairs to tell him there is toxic mold in the house and let him know what was going on.
    Instead I find that his is or has moved out due to problems with Norm Freedman and the upstairs is for rent. But when I went to talk to him, Marilyn was in the hallway with a potential renter. She thought I was the upstairs tenant. I said no and when she introduced her self I told her and the potential that I have never meet her before. I ended it there. But I thought that was too funny. Hopefully the potential got the hit that this place is run by slum lords and ran a way.

11. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

the place doesn't have gas stoves/ovens in it, does it?

12. GIJOE420

GIJOE420 Member

Get as many professionals in to this space, complete evaluations, & get them all in write ups. It may cost you some bucks (not that much) and take all your documents to the court. If it really becomes bad, pay for $3 worth of gas, a free pack of matchs and light it up!!

You can alternativly think about calling the media as well, & ask if they can do a report or story on this. You can also call in to The better Business Bureau or call "GoldHawk Fights Back".

MAKE IT AS PUBLIC AS POSSIBLE!!

Best of luck...

GIJOE