Laptop freezing

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by ringo711, Apr 19, 2010.

1. ringo711

ringo711 Member

Hello again, I have a problem here that I just have no idea how to put it right. My laptop works fine, no problems until I put it in sleep mode, or leave it without power and it shuts down to save power.
    The only way I can get up and running again is to pull the battery, then it starts fine.
    I did try the restore program, but no luck, I don't want to reload windows, or format,
    any help please would be great

thanks

2. Paula_X

Paula_X Guest

sounds like something to do with the hibernate settings.. which have always been dodgy. probably better to shut it down properly because it seems like something isn't restarting again like it should.. could be power saver mode.. could be graphics driver.. could be some other crapplication.. norton av is a classic sleep inducer.

3. sgrew

sgrew Guest

if you go into power management and set it never to sleep and never to shutdown it shouldnt untill you do it manualy

4. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

I would customize your battery settings as was mentioned before choose the setting to let you shut it down when u want to not automatically just disable hibernation and sleep and leave the screensaver enabled.

5. ringo711

ringo711 Member

Thanks for the replies, this is one of the first things I did, but it does not slove the problem it just side steps it, and i was hoping someone here whould have the know how on how to put it right, so far no one has, but thanks anyway

6. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Look if these options do not work as they did not work for me with my original lappy battery this could only mean one thing that the battery is faulty and you need to replace it. I replaced it with a heavy duty one and now i am doing ok. Try that.

7. ringo711

ringo711 Member

thanks again, but it does the same if i take the battery out and just run on power, one of the first thigns i tried

8. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

if its not the battery then its probably a software issue.how old is the laptop???how long have you had the problem??/?provide a bit more info and hopefully someone will be able to help you more.I'm not an expert on laptops but a few people on here are and im ok when it comes to software.

9. ringo711

ringo711 Member

Its about a year old i was going to take it back, but cant find the details, i guess its no big deal, but i would like it fixed.
    Its running Vista, and everything else works fine