laptop problems linking to pc screen

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by lkj2009, Mar 22, 2009.

1. lkj2009

lkj2009 Member

Im sure there is a really simple reason for my problem although cant work it out.

I currntly run a laptop (presario) with a broken screen on a pc screen and its been working fine, althought this evening its has stoped. the screen will work with other laptops and the lap top is working and no settings havee been changed. im just not sure what im missing. would be grateful for help.

thanks

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

if you title a thread with something specific you may well get more or better replies, no more ''please help'' type titles...thanks

3. djscoop

djscoop Active member

so is the screen completely dead, or only when windows loads? In other words when you boot up your computer do you get the usual startup display of the computer booting, then the screen goes out when windows loads? or is the screen completely dead from the moment you turn the power on?

if the screen goes dead when windows loads, then my guess is somehow the screen settings got changed or perhaps the monitor is no longer selected as the default monitor. try booting windows into safe mode. when you turn your computer on, hit F8 and select safe mode. That will allow windows to load in safe mode, which will have a very low screen resolution and should some up on the monitor. you can then go to your display settings and see if anything got changed or deleted.

4. lkj2009

lkj2009 Member

thanks the f8 function brings up everything on the screen and allows me to access everything although cant seem to find how to convert it to to open when windows opens have gone into settings and display and cant find any thing.