Left my internet connected, then softmod disappeared - back to xbox live screen or the clock update screen/And used xbox live to update my dash to...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by alcon2, Mar 29, 2009.

1. alcon2

alcon2 Member

ok guys, im new and i need help. getting so frustrated. I got the softmod working on my xbox this morning. this afternoon i forgot i had my internet wire plugged in. was trying to ftp some emulators over. well, something happened. the mod disappeared and im back to the old ms dashboard or original screen. I've been trying to reinstall the SID 4 again, but im keep getting kicked back to the log on internet for xbox live screen or the clock update screen. AAAHHH. im so frustrated. wat am i doing wrong?????

oh one more thing, i was dumb enough to log on xbox live to update my dash to 5960. i think that totally screwed me over or something.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  2. whitore1

whitore1 Member

Yeah, so your first mistake was not updating your dashboard to 5960 in the first place. Your second mistake was not installing shadowc. Your best option is to download SID5 (4 is alright, but the updates are a little nicer). The saves should actually still be on your xbox, so if you use the game that you originally used, you should not have any problems.

If you can't do that, hotswapping may need to be done.

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

4. alcon2

alcon2 Member

thanks ! lol. i figured it out. the mod was there but the xbox just want me to set the time. lol.....

5. Swango

Swango Member

I have only had that happen when I leave the power cord unplugged for a long period of time. When I turn it back on the M$ dash will come up and ask to set the time then reboot to the unleash dash. I am not sure if single boot mods do the same. I have been using the single boot for a while and I dont remember setting the clock lately.

As for the original ? I am having a similar problem (and it isnt the clock) I copied NCAA FOOTBALL 2005 to my hard drive and ran it from the hard drive. The XBOX LIVE UPDATER came on, then the game froze. I took out the game and rebooted. The M$ dash came up and will not let me boot the mod and will not let me soft mod again. I have the back up files to rebuild but I want to know how to get around this updater messing up my mods. I have modded dozens of xboxes and this is the first game to do this to any of them.