Let's talk about PLUGINS!

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Headborg, Jun 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Headborg

Headborg Regular member

Specifically, I want to discuss: Adobe Premiere Pro & AfterEffects Plugins.

Plugins are the bread & butter of these editing & rendering programs.

Now, it's commonly said that REAL digital artists can smell a plugin a mile away, but for us common folk who are not programmers or capable of writing our own script or code...plugins are what get 'er done.

What are YOUR favorite plugins? Which ones do you consider "must have". Which one's didn't live up to your expectations?

I'm going to start off with a short list of premiere pro plugins, the
    AfterEffects Plugin list is much longer but it will follow later.

Top or Must Have
    Premiere Pro

(1)Panopticum Lens Pro: as a NLE premiere pro's main function for me is joining together clips of video...and nice transitions is key to beautiful finished videos.

(2)Pixelan SpiceMaster: many might rate this above panopticum...but,
    gradient wipes and transitions seem just too artistic to me. The panopticum effects seem much more sharp....but it's a great package.

(3)Magic Bullet: without a doubt this is a must have...but is usually
    better applied in AfterEffects to give the whole sequence a consistent
    "look", very nice presets. But, if there's individual clips you need a special look applied to...Misfire plugs are great.

(4)Boris Graffiti & or Boris Red:
    I prefer to use AfterEffects for most Title work, but these plugins add very nicely to the TitleDesigner capabilities.
    Honorable Mention: TitleDeko Pro

(5)2D3 SteadyMove Pro.....it's amazing how well this helps "fix" unsteady camera work.....can't afford a SteadyCam setup?(who can?) then maybe you can fix it in post production. Wife or your Uncle...zoomed in and out too fast..it can really help.

(6)The Foundry Keylight. Wow! I don't do a lot of greenscreen or Bluescreen work or rotoscoping....but, this is THE toolset for this.

(7)Adorage
    (8)Pixelan CreativEase
    (9)Twixtor
    (10)Heroglyth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.