LG DA3520 DVD player 5.1 system what DVD media is ok?

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by andyloc, Feb 23, 2004.

1. andyloc

andyloc Member

Hi I have a LG DA3520 5.1 DVD player and a LG GSA4040B multi write DVD rewriter. can someone please tell me what bland DVD media they have used + or - to play on the LG DA3520 as I am not having much sucess

I have burnt a backup of a DVD onto datasafe O1NE disk (media code LEADDATA1) but it stutters and pauses.

please please help (I'm from UK)
    cheers

2. andyloc

andyloc Member

any1 help me please? I would like to know what media works. I have a GSA 4040B LG recorder for DVD backup

cheers

3. grogey

grogey Guest

Not sure if I will be of much help to you. Probably only bad news really.

I have three friends who all purchased LG DVD players within the last 12 months (so are all still under warranty). I have at different times taken back-ups (of various quality media and burnt with different programs) around to test it in all three players.

C's is a joint dvd/video player with a serial number starting with a 6. This machine has been a pain since purchased, plays a disc then won't play a disc - even originals. I rang LG's helpline and they told me that any LGs with serial numbers that didn't begin with a 7 or above, were not designed to play any type of writable or re-writable media. So much for the big $$$$$ spent on the purchase. The good news is though that I have had limited success with dvd+r. Unfortunately the +r discs that I have aren't very good quality - but provided that the file doesn't burn right to the outer edge of the disc it will work!

A's is a standalone with a 7 serial number. Once again I have had limited success. I can put a disc in today made with DeCryptor/Shrink/CopyToDvd and it will play beautifully. Then tomorrow I could create a disc in exactly the same way and it will freeze the tits off a bull.........ehehehe

F's is the latest model DVD/Video player and has a serial number beginning with an 8. It does play the Ritek GO4s but there only has to be a spec of dust or weeney smudge of a fingerprint and the skipping starts. One of F's kids was sick during the week and I loaned her 5 discs to keep him occupied and quiet. All were burnt with exactly the same method Decrypted to HD/Shrink and burnt to disc with built in nero (Shrink). All were made on the same day with no changes to the computer (apart from refreshing memory etc) one worked perfectly, one played wonderfully until 35mins in and then froze, another played all the way through but skipped along like the Vinegar skipping girl, one wouldn't start at all and the last one played nicely until the final exciting scene when it stayed put on a lovely landscape scene. All were made from original discs.

Sorry I can't give you the full serial numbers - but as they aren't my own players I didn't bother to learn the number.....just took notice of what they started with.

4. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Andyloc,

Try this web page out. It will help you out. Just search for your DVD model and it tells you about your particular model DVD player's capabilities ex:(audio/video capabilities/media it plays, ect).. The page I have linked here is the first model you mentioned. I couldn't find any of the mentioned models you described. I then searched manually for all LG players. It listed the first one as a "LG 3520" Not sure if this is the correct one you have or not..Anyways here is a link to the LG 3520..

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers.php?DVDnameid=1334&Search=Search&#comments (It had lots of complaints about it)

Hope this helps and welcome to Afterdawn

Matt

Last edited: Apr 12, 2004