LG GSA-4040B problem!

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by PsYcHoSiB, Oct 26, 2003.

1. PsYcHoSiB

PsYcHoSiB Member

OK hi all
    I jsut recently bought this dvd burner: lg gsa-4040b.

My problem is that i have certified 4x media dvd -r and they only burn at 2x. I flashed the firmware.NO result.Ive copied an xbox game too.But when i put int my xbox it just freeze at the evox screen. ?!? what would be the solution ?

2. gozza

gozza Member

Been there for the last 2 days - recorder started ok for about 10 films and then the distortion and freezing occurs - changed my dvd's £84! Worse - nightmare. Been reading this site for 2 days and many other sites.

First you need to update firmware to A301. Then go to http://www.valuemedia.co.uk/dvd-r.htm and they offer an 8 dvd starter pack - you get 8 different types and see which one works best on your machine.

I've read that 4x dvd-r's dont work too good in DVDXCOPY XPRESS - Your machine only burns at 2 most of the time anyway. So stay away from them - Princo 2x works perfect. + very cheap - www.lordofthedeals.co.uk best place for cd-r and dvd-+RAM/RW

No matter how good and expensive you think your current media is - your LG burner will be laughing at ya! Its a bitch, but good with the right discs - its just figuring it out - anyone else know dvd-r that work great in this machine?

3. Davemusic

Davemusic Member

Shouldn't Nero recognize the drive as 4x capable when there is no disc inserted? I've tried updating the firmware to A301 twice(once normal, once in safe mode)and the update hangs and won't complete in both. I have to power off, reconnect the IDE cable and restart. The firmware does read A301 but 2.4x is the maximum speed in Nero with no disc inserted. If I put in a 4x disc, it goes to 2x. I did follow the update instructions correctly, I think. Any help?