LG Software Innov. PooHeads

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by PeaInAPod, Jul 24, 2006.

1. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Directly from the update page of the new version 5

Every version before this had the promise of updates for the life of the product! Those greedy LG Software Innovations Bastards.

CloneDVD2's lifetime updates are still available for anyone looking for software.

2. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

@pea. i'm with you on this one bro. fkuc them

3. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Seems a good reason not to buy this product, or even recommend it. There are free programs that do the same thing. You should not have to pay for a renewal every year like some kind of magazine subscription. I can see if the company comes out with a whole new version but for what you pay for this program to begin with and it uses a third party plugin to decrypt having to pay again in a year is not worth it. Just my .02 USD

4. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@ everyone

my thoughts exactly. I used to recommend it and all. Needless to say I wrote the them a couple explicit emails demanding replies and briefly considered calling the B.B.B. After purchasing the 1Click DVD Copy program and updating it for 2 years you have spent $98 dollars!! Thats enough to buy the entire Slysoft package.

5. ALAND

ALAND Regular member

Obviolsly you have not read the EULA that you accepted when you bought the program which states that updates and upgrades are free for 1 year, they have not enforced until this new release. When you accept something you should read it first. And by the way CloneDVD has the same thing in their EULA and what are you going to say when Slysoft starts enforcing theirs, software development costs money, I think you all have got your moneys worth and if you were a Senior member of their forum ( LG ) you have upgrades for life.

6. ALAND

ALAND Regular member

READ THIS
    . This new version contains many new features, most notably the integrated burn engine found in our PRO version of 1CLICK and the new CPRx error correction for handling new DVD releases.

If you purchased an earlier version of 1CLICK DVD COPY (4.x for example), you were entitled to 3 months of free technical support and 1 year of free software updates, as indicated in our end user license agreement (EULA).

Until recently, we did not enforce our license agreement. Going forward we have decided to broaden our commitment to our users by offering free technical support for 1 year. In order to ensure we can maintain this commitment to providing extended support, we need to enforce our end user policy through the use of a license renewal scheme.

You are not obliged to renew your license if you wish to continue using an older version of the software. However, if you have been using the software for more than a year and you require technical support or you wish to update to the latest version, you must renew your support license. Your license renewal will entitle you to free technical support and software updates for another year.

Version 5 installs in a unique folder (it won't overwrite earlier versions). So if you don't want the latest version, you can simply uninstall it. If you uninstalled an earlier version, you may use the Windows “System Restore” feature to restore your computer to a point prior to the update.

7. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@ ALAND

Half the stuff in your post is total BS. I could sue the company for false advertising. 2 years ago when I bought the product it was advertised on their site as having LIFETIME UPDATES included. So according to your first post. Their has always been 1 year updates they have just never enforced it until now!? Thats BS. Are you saying that senior members at the LG forums get lifetime updates? Thats like saying only "Afterdawn Addicts" get the Slysoft discount.

Now lets look at your second post...

1Click DVD has had integrate burning engine for a while. Before a little window for the VSO software would pop-up, the VSO CopyToDVD software didn't need to be installed as the engine itself was included. Most likely now this "integrated engine" is the same thing but the progress bar is integrated into the 1Click program.

Again lies. I have been recieving free support since I bought the product. Thats one of the reasons I bought it. I have had the product since version 4 just came out and have updated and recieved technical support for 2 years!!!

So im paying an extra $20 dollars a year for technical support thats been free since I bought the program?!?

So according to you I can become a senior member at their forums and get lifetime updates? some might call that discrimination. And the reason for the new fees is for technical support?! If thats the reason why not just have a help hotline and charge people when they call for?!?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2006
  8. diverj

diverj Regular member

Actually, its stated directly on Slysoft Website:

When you purchase one of our products you will receive the following:
    A registration key that prevents the trial version from expiring after 21 days.
    Technical support for one year
    Free lifetime updates

So, you are not correct in assuming CloneDVD updates are free for one year Only. Just thought you would like to know that small but crucial fact.

Dennis

9. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Thread title altered a bit. How've you been Pea? :)

10. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Hey nephilim,

been a while since I've seen ya. I noticed that the title was changed. I still think my original title was more suiting. Besides this little incident I've been doing okay. Looking at buying my first car so thats cool and I just got back from vacation. lol the LG people still havent replied to me. Maybe its because I didnt pay the $20 for their tech support, as if Ive used that since I joind the AD forums!

And how have you been?

11. bubbles19

bubbles19 Guest

@ peainapod

The LG site has now been changed to state '1year support and updates' prior to that it just said 'support and updates'. We had a thread at LG where the poster submitted an image from the LG site and ranted about 'look it says lifetime updates on my image'. It didn't - he just assumed it meant 'lifetime'

The EULA has had the following text in it since at least April as the following is from 4.2.9.3 so it has not just been added in last week. As alan's post say LG have now decided to enforce this.

If yours works and I suspect you use AnyDVD then there is no real need for you to update to V5 or renew your licence, But for many users still using DVD43 then they will need to keep updating to keep the CPRx updates current.

12. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@bubbles19

I have a true license I bought for $59 and I bought this software 2 years ago and havent had to pay anything since. So if these updating rules have been in effect this long why hide it in the EULA? Why not tell people how many days they have left in the Registration window or something of the such? and why is LG "advertising" this new update scheme suddenly, its never been like this before.

Solution= Buy CloneDVD2, 2 years of LG updates and CloneDVD's payed for.

13. basilj

basilj Guest

Hiya all, I've been searching for this link, 'cause I wanted to add my feelings to this. I also (foolishly) bought 1Click on 4/4/05 and have updated it frequently, the last two times on the 22nd April 06 and 30th June 06, but when I downloaded and installed v5 etc. I also got the message about renewing my licence.

I fired off an e-mail yesterday querying this and swiftly got a reply explaining their EULA (who really reads these?) I think that this is just not on.

For the record, since I discovered this incredible, superb, utterley brilliant forum, I have been using DVDDecrypter, DVDFabdecrypter and DVDshrink for about the last 12 months or so and rarely have problems, and if I do, I just read the forums 'til I find a solution.

I think LG Software Innovations have overstepped the line, and if I read anywhere that somebody is thinking of buying their product, I will do my best to put them off and just direct them to AD.

A very aggrieved ex 1Click user. What a waste of $59

14. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Like basilj I also got a letter from them. But in my letter they said if I could find a TECH SUPPORT letter mentioning the lifetime update issue they would let me have the lifetime updates. And I wrote back saying that since the past couple emails I have become sick of what you have written. You never truthfully address the questions I ask. And that you (lg soft. inn.) know that their would be no mention of the licensing in a tech support article.

Quoting basilj
    very true for me also

15. basilj

basilj Guest

Thanks for your support PeaInAPod. What really got my goat was that after I "bought" the software, I got a message to say that I had to use a decrypter in order for it to work.

Now, this is important, because, even my basic Sonic software that came with my dvd writer would let me copy a movie. O.K. I didn't know how to shrink it at that time, but I soon found out. To be fair LG Inns did point me in the right direction, i.e. DVD43, but right at the beginning I had an uneasy feeling about it and wished that I had got my money back.

Iclick spouts on about their testimonials of it being the greatest thing since sliced bread etc., but I don't recall seeing anything about having to get further software to make it work.

In my opinion LG inns scuks and long live After Dawn.

Oh how I wish that I had done more searching and found this site first. I'm now getting more fed up.

Edit: Just reading back through this does ALAND work for LG then.
    As I said in my previous post, who really reads the EULA. Has anyone read the Microsoft one. I printed it off once when doing a clean sweep of my machine. I think it ran to 38 pages. And, at least MS do give updates for life, no matter what you think of them.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2006
  16. arniebear

arniebear Active member

If you have to use DVD43, which is free, with this program. You might as well just use DVD Shrink and ImgBurn to do the backup. These are free programs and you can save yourself the 59 bucks.

17. basilj

basilj Guest

Hi and yes I agree. How I actually got here was through the excellent DVDDecrypter which I found about a year ago. I was and always have had problems with 1Click, so I thought i would try a different route.

One day while trying to log on to the then dvddecrpter website I found that it had been closed down. Further searching eventually brought me here and I haven't looked back since. I would like to say that I think all of you dedicated members are something special in the way that you quickly repond to problems and are continually pointing people in the right direction.

Just one final thing about 1Click. Here in the UK we have only recently been introduced to digital TV via a box which plugs in to the TV. At the moment there are 3 or 4 main players, and they all continually send updates through the aerial to correct various bugs, especially for their personal video recorders. (I wont have a SKY box)

Widescreen problems on older programs, electronic program guides, buffering etc. There is a dedicated site for this as well.

Out of interest, has anyone looked at the LG support forum. There's usually only about 2 people viewing at any one time. Says it all really.

The point I'm making is Digital viewers are getting constant updates, and although this is a completely different thing, LG can't be bothered anymore. I think they need an education in public relations.