1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Limewire Resource Hog

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by rayals, Aug 23, 2006.

1. rayals

rayals Regular member

Why is Limewire such a resource hog? Is there something I am not doing right? The software does work it just slows my comp down ALOT!

2. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

Better question is this...why in hell are you still using Limewire? Havent you noticted that Limewire has got sued recently? With that said, here is a way to free up your resources.....remove Limewire from your comp.

3. rayals

rayals Regular member

Yes, I heard Limewire got sued, I didn't. Is there any P2P that isn't being sued?

4. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

Right now, the best sources are Bittorent or newsgroups(this actually costs money). Both of these have extensive info here on aD, and there are several stickies on bittorrent.

5. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Or use Frostwire, which is made by the same people as limewire, but is spyware free, and can't be sued due to it's licensing.
    http://www.frostwire.com/

6. rayals

rayals Regular member

Thank you both for the info, I will look into both of these P2P clients. I have been using Limewire Pro, and I had thought that if I paid for it, it would be bettter. I was sooo wrong.