Links 2004

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by soulpole, Nov 3, 2005.

1. soulpole

soulpole Guest

I am having a problem backing up my copy of Links 2004. I have ftp'd the game from my xbox to my pc and created an iso using isomaker and qwix. Burned the game with dvd decrypter. When i put it in the xbox it loads fine until the start screen, then i get the error that the disc may be damaged or dirty. Has anyone seen this before and if so how can i fix it?

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Im just wondering what you use isomaker for?

All you should need to do is start Quix and FTP with that program and choose to create ISO and choose the D: folder on your Xbox for the source and it should patch the game if need be and make the xISO then burn that with your burning software.

3. soulpole

soulpole Guest

Isomaker is used to create an image from the files you rip to your hard drive from your xbox. I have tried both isomaker and qwix and nothing seems to work. Im wondering if microsoft put something on the disc that makes it uncopyable. Hope that clears things up a bit

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Isomaker wont work for Xbox games you need Quix to make an xISO as of why you cant get it to backup i dont know. Try searching google on Xbox backup problems for that game or patches for it.

5. soulpole

soulpole Guest

Not to sound ungrateful for the help, but i used isomaker when i ripped GTA san andreas from my xbox to pc and then created the image and it works fine. Ive googled this subject and cant seem to find the answer that I need. Ive tried different types of media and that didnt work either.

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I guess you can use isomaker to make xISO. First time heariong of it. But most popular are Quix or Craxtion.