1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lite On iHAP422 9 Burning Problem

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by AaronsDad, Jan 13, 2011.

1. AaronsDad

AaronsDad Member

Hey everyone! About a month ago I bought a new burner (Lite On iHAP422 9). I put in and did a test run on it. The first thing I noticed was that it wouldn't let me burn at 4x using 16x TDK +r discs. I burnt a back-up at 6x, watched the dvd and it seemed to turn out fine. However, I have a ton of rare dvds that I want to back up now on Taiyo Yuden premium discs. I was wondering what you all think I should do. It seems weird that a burner that was just released this last August won't burn at 4x. Any suggestions on what I should do? I have searched all over the net for the last few weeks and can't find any information about this problem. Would there be a way to get the burner to burn at 4x? I've always had great success at burning discs at 4x and I'm quite worried at burning them any higher. Sorry if I posted this on the wrong board I couldn't determine if I should post it here or on the Newbie board. Any help would be so much appreciated. Thanks

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  2. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

If You Have Imgburn Loaded on Your computer, Place A Blank TDK Dvd in it. It Should list the Speeds That The Disc Can Burn At.

TYs Are Always a Good Choice For BackUps.

Imgburn is Freeware.

Imgburn Can Also Check For Firmware UpDates.

http://www.firmwarehq.com/Lite-On/iHAP422+9/files.html

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  3. AaronsDad

AaronsDad Member

Thanks Berry! That is so weird. I'm using Taiyo Yuden DVD-R 8x media and the burner will write them at 4x. However, in the past, I have been using hundreds of tdk+r discs and I always could write at 4x on them (on my old burner) Maybe the new burner just doesn't like tdk media. I guess I will have to experiment more with different media to figure this one out. Thanks again for the advice

4. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

Stick With The TYs.

Maybe TDK Doesn't Like 4x Any More.

5. AaronsDad

AaronsDad Member

That's what I was thinking also. Although the wrapper they come in looks the same maybe it's a different type now