1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Little eMule Tutorial - Back Online!

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Dela, Jan 28, 2003.

1. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Last edited: Jun 15, 2004
  2. glenn-Oz

glenn-Oz Guest

Dela
    your blood is worth bottling, I followed your simple tutorial, and finally my mule is alive and kicking, I have learned so much from reading others problems on these forums, i havent made a coaster in ages

glenn

3. Tookrak

Tookrak Member

Not sure if i have done something wrong or not but i have followed your settings to a tee.

However, i am always limited to around 5Kbs for around 3 - 4 connections. Never more, never less.

Now i have an ADSL line 256/64 and i have set it up like you said i.e. 10k upload

yet i am still getting 5k downloads. Ive tried this out but am starting to think Kazaa is the go, even though there are problems with it i seem to get better connections with it!

4. Dela

Do you run kazaa and emule at the same time?? If so, then kill kazaa! Also, try links to downloads that are posted on web pages like sharereactor, basically because more people will have found them and power shared the files. Oh and trust me, kazaa isnt the way to go, when you get used to emule and a few websites, emule will take you over!! ;-)

5. MASH

MASH Guest

Well i just joined Afterdawn and i haf to say you are all GODS! and Dela you are doing an amazing charity for all us Newbies i have been folling you from forum to forum, anyways i tryed the ed2k link and it asked for shareaza which i thought i had but must of deleted it so what do i do where do get it?

6. Dela

Shareaza must have had ed2k links setup on it. The best thing to do is setup ed2k links on eMule. Click preferences, Select general on the left. Look for a button that says ED2K links and click it. When it asks if you want to setup ed2k links on emule click yes!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2003
  7. MASH

MASH Guest

I don't know what i was doing so your message made no sense to me but i tried your link again and then th first link ironically called LINKS then picked a mirror and it worked thank you

8. Dela

lol, no problem!

9. Phantom

Phantom Member

Okay I killed Kazaa. Removed now from my hard drive and I am running emule. Things are kewl with emule except downloads are slow at times. seems like the more I download from Sharereactor the faster it goes. I guess this is normal.

My question is shareactor is a great spot for downloads. My movies seem to giving me crystal clear video but so far no audio. I use TMPEnc and when I browse and click the movie it doesn't give me audio only video. This site seems to be top notch so my gut feeling is that we are dealing with a newbie problem like myself having no clue that you have to do something else to make it work!

Any thoughts Dela?

10. Dela

11. Phantom

Phantom Member

HEy Dela thanks I actually ten minutes before I came back here to read you reply went to the triple x forum and read about the AC-3codec and it just finished downloading from shareactor. So I am going to try it out. I hope it will work on TMPEnc settings so I can continue to convert to MPEG and rip with nero. We shall see!

Great to hear back from ya though.

12. Phantom

Phantom Member

Hey Dela

Got your message on the other forum over the types of movies and quality levels that share reactor has: links extra... I think I am okay with that.

But as you can imagine my problem now is trying to TMPGEnc to take the higher quality downloads from sharereactor and convert them so I can burn with nero to VCD.

As I mentioned earlier tonight, I down loaded AC3 codec but that just has helped with the movies on other programs like real audio and so forth. I already was using zoomplayer so playing them on the computer was kewl but it seems TMPGEnc needs some help.

obviously if I run the conversion with just video, TMPGEnc will just convert it to MPEG with just video and when I burn it I imagine again I will have only video to watch on DVD player. No audio!

So is there something we can do to TMPGE or is there another program that I need now to replace it.

Have so many good downloads now to where I am running into the TMPGEnc video but no audio to be a regular issue..

Thanks a lot. Once I get this I should be kewl from here on out!

13. Dela

14. MASH

MASH Guest

Dear Dela (or anyone who can help,)

I hate to Bother you because you look so popular and god like, but i gots problems with eMule. I have DSl internet and the movies are taking forever like two days at least. is this normal? and i did'nt quite understand the tutorial you provided for eMule about the uploading/downloading. how do i max my speed and downloads but still be generouse to the net community?

15. Dela

Sometimes movies do take a loooong time to download, it depends on the sources and of course your generosity. try raising the max upload speed and see does it have an effect. You can also try rising the max connections and m,ax sources but dont kill your connection.

As for the tutorial, its still in complete really, i still have loads to write about including low-id problems which is an annoying problem!

16. Phantom

Phantom Member

Okay I read the whole deal on Convert DivX to VCD with subtitles.

I have to tell you that is the biggest mess and ordeal yet.

I went ahead and followed through with the whole process. I got to the BeSweetGUI part and hit the AC3 to MP3 button. No progress box came up no nothing came up.

At least an Error message or something but nothing. I just this quick blur of something and then it was gone. Like it was trying to encode. So I tried reinstalling the BesweetGUI program but still nothing.

I don't understand why some downloads from Sharereactor work just fine for TMPEnc and why these other programs can't be dealt with fairly easy without having to do all this fixing and extracting mess. I don't mind going through programs to change things but it seems like the website you gave me very good explanation but so many steps to get from A to Z. Here I am at Y almost at Z and I am stuck.

There has to be an easier way. I don't even know where to begin now if I have to keep doing the method suggested on the web page you gave me.

I downloaded all the tools from the website as it stated. Maybe there is some conflict between programs.

Obviosly Dela you know your stuff and I just hope you might know another way around this. The files from ShareReactor are downloading really well. I can watch them on Zoomplayer which even with all the codecs and AC3 filter downloads those same movies will not play in Real Player or any other of my players except Zoomplayer.

Which is kewl. I really don't prefer watching them on my computer but at least I can check the files out to know they are not corrupted with Zoomplayer. But being that none of my other video programs will play them makes me wonder if my PC needs something changed up or added.

So funny because I really really come so far and even if BeSweet and everthing else does work, it seems like a ton of work to get a downloaded video file to VCD. Still think there has to be a better program or something out there to take TMPEnc for avi files or make the conversion for TMPEnc with avi files go tons quicker.

I guess I will stop there I'm sure you can tell I have been at this for hours!

17. Dela

18. Phantom

Phantom Member

thanks I will do some home work on how to use it.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2003
  19. glenn-Oz

glenn-Oz Guest

Dela, do you think it may be a good idea if you remove kazaa to run spybot or another similar program to get rid of all that spyware and adware crap

20. Dela

I'd run ad-aware!! Anyway, dont remove kazaa because it can be handy for mp3 sometimes. Get kazaa lite (kazaa without spyware, adware, stealware & restriction!) then crack it with K++ to get a supreme being (1000) participation level http://www.geocities.com/rndkpp/

KazaaLite - http://www.k-lite.tk