1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Little eMule Tutorial - Back Online!

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Dela, Jan 28, 2003.

1. stevo1981

stevo1981 Member

Hey, i'm also pretty new but Dela u r a saviour.
    anyway, in the last week i've d/l 42gb and u/l 21gb, not bad i agree, i've even been as high as 165kbps, although i never hover for more than an hour at the same speeds.
    anyway (again), i think i've had my 4662 port blocked by my isp, i was wondering if this port was the fastest (hopefully not cos i've lost it) and if the 4662 port is the next best thing?
    I try to connect to probenprinz, and usually get there, it seems to be the best, although razorback2 looks amazing but it always 'seems full'.
    Also, what does the 'ping' mean and what numbers should they be at??

2. stevo1981

stevo1981 Member

i forgot to mention..........
    version lugdunum 16.47, what is this all about?
    if i update to the new version of emule, will i lose my current d/l or will they be there when i start up the new version?

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Do you have a high ID when you connect?

Any port can be used just as long as you're not using anything else on it of course

Ping doesnt really matter mate, its just a sort of test to see the response time from a server, no biggie, as for servers, it doesnt really matter because servers work together. but getting on a server with a relitively high user count is th best idea because source will gather faster for downloads.

nope you wont lose the download!

4. WizOfOdds

WizOfOdds Member

Hi,

I have been an eMule user for a year now, but have never really understood problems or issues I have faced. I am now having a problem where I can not connect to any servers. I keep getting "SeverName appears to be full". When I hit connect, it goes through my entire server list in about 10 seconds. Evrything has been fine for the last 6 months, and last night at about 7:45, all my d/l's all died, and my server connection was severed. Every now and again I can connect to a server, but thats after about 10 minutes of trying to connect, and it's always to a poor server, and no d/l'ing happens at all. I have not had a lowid issue for a few months now, and nothing has changed on my PC or router. I have run Spyware & virus checks... Anyone have any suggestions or ideas? I have gone thorugh the tutorial guide above, and all my settings are pretty much the same as shown. I have removed emule (everything including .dat, .ini, and .met files), then re-installed, and same issue occurs. I have tried pointing to a new file area for temp & incoming files (thinking maybe it was to do with a bad d/l), but still could not connect. As I am writing all this, I have not been able to connect, while going through my server list over 30 times.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I have a bunch of good files coming down, and really don't want to have to start all over again with a new type of client like Bittorrent. I really like eMule...

PLEASE HELP!

5. ThePigMan

ThePigMan Guest

Thnx Dela, for all your hard work, you are a great person.

I haveafew questions tho, the sites you posted(filenexus and shareactor) are no longer online due to some illegal problems, i was wonderign if you might know of any new ones, and for all you russian people out there, ive got one!-http://www.sharereactor.ru/
    im a newbie, maybe all of you know this site, but if you dont, im glad if i helped in any way.
    By the way, where in emule can i see my rating?
    Thnx a load again dela, Bye.

6. ThePigMan

ThePigMan Guest

7. naitsirhc

naitsirhc Member

I am experiencing the same problem as WizOfOdds. I've been an avid user of eMule/eDonkey for over a year and only within the past couple of weeks have not been able to connect to any decent servers - if to any at all! I haven't changed any of my settings but am only occasionally able to connect to some crappy server with no sources. Has something changed on the network side in the past couple of weeks? Is there some explanation for this? I'm lost without my emule! :S

8. WizOfOdds

WizOfOdds Member

I am still experiencing the same problem after a full format and fresh OS install. Set up all my drivers, and installed eMule, and same problem occurs. So nothing to do with my computer. Anyone have any thoughts? Anyone else also experiencing this issues other than the two of us?

9. Dela

It could be your ISP's they go out of their way to block eMule these days! Try random things like changing port numbers and see if that makes a difference!

10. LAK

LAK Member

An addendum to the ID discussion in the tutorial: The Preferences->Connection screen capture is out of date; that form now (eMule v0.43b) has a button which says "Open these ports on internal WinXP firewall". Clicking it fixed my dial-up connection's low ID.

11. WizOfOdds

WizOfOdds Member

FYI - I am up and running fine again. I think my ISP blocked a bunch of ports for a few weeks for all users, as some firends were experiencing the same issue. Well, we all called and complained, and now everything is back to normal. I guess they tested it out and got a few days worth of phone calls of just complaints and problems, and decided to put things back. Or something just broke, and it took 2 weeks to fix... I dunno, but I am happy now. Thanks for help offered (Dela).

12. Dela

LAK, yep im aware of that, only problem is I dont have all that much time to be keeping up with every single release and difference of eMule lol I'll update again soon! Thnx for adding that though!

WizOfOdds, Good Luck!

13. reenman

reenman Member

Hey there i was googling round for help on emule, slow downloads, and i found you guys. i did the setup tutorial and bingo, faster sort of, but now i find sorces tons faster and none hardly drop out wich is better then fast and then die out. SO , YOU ROCK DUDE,
    i just joined this forum too so i'll see ya round.

14. j_holmes

j_holmes Regular member

I've had a similar problem, if not the same of what you speek of.

When using eMule (newest version), I frequently lose my LAN connection.(Pain in the rear). I have a router, and all that needs forwarding, is forwarded.

Firewalls were turned off, to no avail.

Nothing was wrong with the software.

I believe it's the KAD network,
    When I set it up to not hook-up to Kad, alls well.
    The tech's on the IRC eMule channel say it not, but I know better.

Anyways,
    If you have any suggestions onto how to fix this,
    or if Kad is even necessary,
    please let me know.

Thanks a lot...

15. j_holmes

j_holmes Regular member

I've had a similar problem, if not the same of what you speek of.

When using eMule (newest version), I frequently lose my LAN connection.(Pain in the rear). I have a router, and all that needs forwarding, is forwarded.

Firewalls were turned off, to no avail.

Nothing was wrong with the software.

I believe it's the KAD network,
    When I set it up to not hook-up to Kad, alls well.
    The tech's on the IRC eMule channel say it not, but I know better.

Anyways,
    If you have any suggestions onto how to fix this,
    or if Kad is even necessary,
    please let me know.

Thanks a lot...

16. jbro713

jbro713 Member

I would HIGHLY reccomend to anyone using e-mule to use the e-mule plus version...1n. This goes to new users or old. It works so much better,is more reliable and faster than the original version. I have successfully downloaded dozens of movies using this.

http://emuleplus.info/

Download it today...you'll be glad you did!

17. tarisea

tarisea Member

Della:

You seem to be the one around here. I loved the old Kazaa. Unlimited downloads, unlimited searches. This new one is pissing me off. Yes I am an idiot newbie that actually paid for it in some pathetic attempt to say to my kids, I paid for it so it is not really illegal. Any way in one of the posts on this thread you mentioned

Get kazaa lite (kazaa without spyware, adware, stealware & restriction!) then crack it with K++ to get a supreme being (1000) participation level http://www.geocities.com/rndkpp/

When I go to that site there are 2 downloads. The first one put something in my registry but didn't change anything. The second one says

If you don't understand x86 assembler, then close your web browser now.

Which I don't so I ran. I would really like the crack. Could you please explain this to me.

Thank you.

18. tarisea

tarisea Member

Della:

One more thing, I just realized that I am an idiot. I actually bought and paid for Kazaa Plus. It sucks!!! I should have got kazaa lite. I don't want to pay more money for it. Is there somewhere I can grab it from that it won't cost me.

So much for setting a good example for the kids.

Thanks

19. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

I use kazaa lite k++ and get speeds around 20-80kbs.

20. guidecca

guidecca Member

Face it...eMule sucks! Funny how the uploads never fail. The uploads are always maxed out. And there is nothing you can do about it. Just keep your computer on.... yada,yada,yada. Who turns their computer off. Whoever runs the eMule.project has a direct leech to my veins. They take files and leave me with movies that are 85-98 percent finished. I have 10 movies in that catagory. At least Paramount, Sony and company have not been on my case lately. Still, if I could beat the hell out of eMule I would. Got that off my chest. One shot, one kill.