1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Little piece fell out of Wii. DVD ROM Drive Picture?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by DanialG, Mar 14, 2008.

1. DanialG

DanialG Member

I was installing my Wiikey, everything went fine and I was done. I went to turn over my Wii to put it back into it's case, and a small little white plastic piece, about an inch or so long fell out. I've looked everywhere on the wii drive to see if it'd go into a empty space, but I can't figure out where. It's NOT broken, as this has happened to many people but I haven't seen any solutions on where it goes.

here's a picture.
    [​IMG]

Any help would be great!

2. thacks1

thacks1 Member

hi looks the the cmos battery looking from the front of the wii
    put your hand on the right hand side at the front of the unit there is a screw take it out and pull the cover off then just put it back hope this help

3. DanialG

DanialG Member

I don't really understand what you just said, but I'm 75% sure it has nothing to do with a battery.

The bright thing on the picture is just a reflection, it's the white piece to the right of it that I'm talking about.

Something that could help is a picture of someone's dvd rom, the inside and outside of it. Where the game disc goes,etc. I've looked at disassembling tutorials, but none show how to disassemble the dvd drive.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  4. freddyman

freddyman Member

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

5. DanialG

DanialG Member

I'm saying, the white piece didn't BREAK off, it fell off. The wii won't load discs and has a weird clicking noise.
    All I can ever find is the outside of the Disc Drive, but nothing about the inside, like where the game sits, the springs, etc.

Discs won't eject, discs won't load, it won't even spin.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  6. sugrplum

sugrplum Member

I am having the exact same problem. I replace my wii's laser... all went well until I found this little piece of plastic. What is it?! I also noticed a loose spring. If anyone could take a picture of the internal structure of their wii's dvd drive, each side, it would be GREATLY appreciated!

7. sugrplum

sugrplum Member

ok, I figured it out. It goes where the ribbon cable goes through. I tried it a million times, but I finally put it in the right way. haha That said my wii is still messed up. It spins for a second then stops and gives the error message. Not sure what it could be. Hope I can figure it out and avoid getting a whole new drive. Any idea what it could be? I replaced the laser (which is working as far as lighting up)

8. Justice G.

Justice G. Newbie

I may be about seven years late but if anyone else is looking for the answer, this is where I think the piece goes based on the pictures I took when disassembling. It fits perfectly. Hope this can help someone.

Attached Files:

9. jwood01

jwood01 Newbie

Just saved my butt big time. Thanks Justice from Boise! Same piece fell out.

10. Rbox

Rbox Member

Unbelievable, it's june 2020 and this answer is relevant to me. I have been searching the net for an hour like a retard to find where the plastic piece of shit had to go..... Likewise: can you imagine how many references I found regarding the wii's laser potmeter? One! One single post in a solid hour of Googling.