lock hdd

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by mitchslap, May 18, 2006.

1. mitchslap

mitchslap Member

i was wondering if there is a way to tell if your hdd is lockable cause i wanna upgrade my xbox hdd but i dont know if the 80 gig hdd i got is lockable. please help much thanks

2. Xx1modxX

Xx1modxX Guest

yeah you can lock any hdd, just remember to write down the password because if you forget your screwed

3. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

No, you can't lock ANY HDD.........What is your model and make that you are going to buy?.........Not every HDD will lock.......

4. mitchslap

mitchslap Member

its an iomega 80gb but thats just one that i have im willing to buy one that works for sure

5. xBMODSx

xBMODSx Guest

you can lock and unlock cause i can on my modded box!

6. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

No, some HDDs don't lock that is why i am asking him for his Make and model for his HDD.......Some are lockable and some are not.

7. gus738

gus738 Guest

yep thats right not every single hd are lockable... 2ndly are you softmoed or chipped? 3rdly do NOT unlock youre retail hd or you totaly screwd....

8. mitchslap

mitchslap Member

im softmodded right now. and i know how to ftp all my xbox guts to my computer but i have a feeling its not that easy to jsut copy the whole xbox and put it in a new hdd and lock it is it

9. gus738

gus738 Guest

no youre wrong ....

its actually easier then you think..

get xboxhdm1.9 get a retail ms dash put it on xboxhdm / C folder

get your eeprom.bin put it on xboxhdm./ EEPROM folder and click make iso win .. it loads up a commond prompt then creates an iso ... once you finish the cd size disc then you can do a couple of yes and voila less then 15 mins.