Lock My PC - possible?!

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by jlrm365, Apr 22, 2009.

1. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

I gave my laptop to my father, with the aim of finding another one for myself. Wiping the drive and re-installing XP, one of the pieces of softare I put on was:

Lock My PC

We sat near each other and he entered a password. I didn't look. I had set it up to lock before the regular log-in screen, for extra security. I have never forgotten the password on my own desktop but my father went abroad and forgot his password on the laptop.

It is registered and so the default code will not unlock it. That leads to the next problem. Neither of us can find the registration details. Without those and without the password, I don't know how I could possibly get in. The point of the software is to keep one's computer secure. Obviously, safe mode won't help (it locks in safe mode too).

Assume that we can't find the details and can't remember the password. I have a CD to reset my Windows Passwords, but is there anything to allow me to remove / reset Lock My PC? I should add that I live abroad (I am in the UK and my parents are in Canada), so I cannot just reach out and do something. I'd have to pass on advice.

I would like to avoid another wipe / re-install, if at all possible.

Help?

In any case, thanks!

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

where in canada as i'm in ontario?

3. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

Cool. I have sent you a private message, rather than take the thread down a tangent. Thanks.

4. homesick

homesick Regular member

did you get this sorted out? i am coming to canada next week!