Looking for a DVD/XVID player that will suit my needs...

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by bdjuf, Jan 22, 2006.

1. bdjuf

bdjuf Member

Hi guys, it's my first here.
    I just bought myself a 37" Sharp Aquos LCD TV and I Want the best DVD player to go with it.

Here is what I want:

I want something that will play my XviD/DivX movies and TV episodes in the best possible quality (I have recently heard of DivX HD and XviD HD, what are those and how are they different from any other divx/xvid format?)

I want something that has HDMI support, as I do not want to have 6 cables going down my wall from the DVD player

If possible, the option to store MP3 Songs in a DVDR and play them in the dvd player (instead of buying an ipod docking station for my room).

I also want to make sure that it has a very good resoltion + progressive scan so it can take advantage of my brand new LCD

I was looking at the Helios X3620. What do you guys think about it? Should I be looking at something else?

thank you VERY much for all your help!

2. Jallan

Jallan Regular member

People seem to speak highly of the LG LDA-511. It seems to fit your needs.

3. gear79

gear79 Guest

i have the player that jallan speaks of, and it will do what you want and more.. make a dvd mp3 and play, no problem, xvid and divx, piece of cake, has HDMI upconversion, does progressive scan, and has optical out for sound, along with coax and component.... for the 720p and 480i

4. zrdb

zrdb Regular member

I second the LDA-511, I have one and it beats the pants off of any other xvid/divx player, and I've brought and taken back quite a few.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2006
  5. bdjuf

bdjuf Member

Excellent! I have found it and they ship to Canada

thank you very much all of you!

6. gear79

gear79 Guest

how much?