Looking for some real good advise please

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by brysonj, Apr 11, 2006.

1. brysonj

brysonj Member

Hello everyone,

I had just recently bought a sony dvd player online from circut city. the first problem i faced when i opened it was it did not connect to my tv with a coaxel cable it used 3 colored ends which my tv did not have. when i finally got it going on my moms tv it had audio play back noise in dvds i burned and the org. anyway it is going back very soon. My question to you people is i am in the market for a quailty DVD player that will play almost all of todays formats. BUT i am looking for the player to be connected to my tv threw 1 coaxel cable. does anyone here know of a great brand or line of dvd players please any help would be real helpful and appreaciated

John Bryson

2. catfreak

catfreak Active member

I do not know of any DVD player that will connect to a Tv with a coaxial cable ... what I had to get for my granddaughters was a RF modulator ...
    [​IMG]
    http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...tId=2032057&kw=rf+modulator&parentPage=search

I've known people who ran their DVD player into a VCR and then to their Tv, but sometimes you run into copy protection problems ...

Oh, yeah, the good DVD player thingy ... I like my Philips DVP642 .. it plays everything I put into it ... pretty reasonablly priced too ...
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16882123002&ATT=82-123-002&CMP=OTC-pr1c3grabb3r

Last edited: Apr 11, 2006
  3. diabolos

diabolos Guest

No stand alone DVD player has an RF coax output. That connection is to infirior (for many resons that I won't go into here). Your best solution would be to purchase a DVD/VHS combo player instead.

Ced

4. JVC

JVC Active member

You [bold]CAN[/bold] run the dvd player through a stereo vcr.
    You hook it up to the vcr's input, set the tv on channel 3, set the vcr to video 1 or L1, or video 2 or L2 (depending on which input you used, front or back).

I've heard some say that you can't do this, but I've done it for three different people, that had older tvs. It worked fine. But, you [bold]cannot[/bold] copy a dvd to a vhs tape, unless it's a dvd with no copy protection.
    Good luck! Let us know how it goes?