looking to backup my games

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by freekdad, Jun 23, 2005.

1. freekdad

freekdad Member

i want to back up my games by ftping between my pc and xbox, but my xbox is in the other room, and no tv near the pc so i cant see what im doing, i was wondering if anyone knew if the cable i was looking to buy,
    http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=50021947&pfp=BROWSE
    would work between my xbox and router. i just dont know if i need crossover, patch, cat5, cat5e or what here. thanks for any help.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2005
  2. Encrypter

Encrypter Member

Hi i checked on the cable you were looking at buying and im sure that will do the job if not a xbox link cable will also work and another cable you could try is a network cable either a ethernet or a crossover the ones i listed work 100% let me know how you get on good luck.

3. freekdad

freekdad Member

thank, your help is greatly appreciated, im going to order it now, and ill let you know how it goes when i get it in and all hooked up. thanks alot.

4. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Regular cat5 ethernet cable will do the job... Good luck!

5. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Oh, and I forgot to mention this...

If you are hooking up your Xbox directly to your PC, and NOT using a router, then you will need a CROSSOVER CABLE.

If you are going through a router, then you will need standard ethernet cable.

Using a crossover cable w/ a router will NOT work, just as using standard ethernet cable to hook up your Xbox to PC directly will NOT work either...