Lost IP on XBOX

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by RXV2300, Jul 3, 2005.

1. RXV2300

RXV2300 Regular member

I seem to have lost IP "192.168.1.200" from xbox to pc.
    I was using networking cable for quite sometime to transfer data from xbox to pc but just today I noticed that it could not make connection, after some time I noticed that IP nr. which always appeared on evox menue is now gone. I have no clue how it vanished.
    This is could be the reason why it won't find any connection but I have no idea how to put this back, can I have some input on what might have gone wrong or how to fix this.
    Thank you,

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Go into your settings on your dashboard and put the IP address back in. Also, do you have it set to dynamic or static?

3. RXV2300

RXV2300 Regular member

I've done this already & it's also set on "Use static ip"
    Another point to bring up, there is a very little green/yellow light that start to blink on the back of the xbox where we insert the networking cable (Just on the silver edge)
    This light normally starts to blink as soon as we insert the networking cable provided xbox is turned-on, now this little light will not blink at all.
    Can you please assist & thank you.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2005
  4. Incy

Incy Member

if that light isnt blinking that means that it physically is not connected to the other end, may it be a computer or your router. also it very rarely happens (well at least for me i cant recall it even happening once really) but the cable may have just gone bad itself. recheck all of your connections, if connected to a router and the connection is good then maybe try a different port on the router. and if that doesnt work try a new ethernet cable if you got one.

hopefully that'll fix your problems

5. RXV2300

RXV2300 Regular member

I've already tried a couple of different cables & same result, still no connection.
    I am not using a router & never did, I was just simply using networking cable direct from xbox to pc port (where my internet cable goes in, so I just simply pull out internet cable & put cable coming from xbox.)
    My concern is that why I no longer able to see IP "192.168.1.xx" on the evox slayer screen.
    I'm 100% sure it was there before but not anymore.
    This is the screen where you'll see on the left drive E,F,G & on the right you see "dvd drive, IP (which is now blank but not before) and bios. & on the bottom you have many options such as, play game/media from dvdrom drive - play games loaded on dhh, game trainer, dvd movie player-region free, & few more.
    However when I am in the setting, IP is very much there.

6. Incy

Incy Member

is the light on the back of your computer on? on your NIC card? and have you tried a different computer yet? older nic cards can be notorious of going bad.

and the result of the ip not being there (on the evox frontpage) is that fact that it doesnt see a connection, and the ip in the settings menu is what it sets itself to if it has a connection thats not gonna go anywhere ever. or you have a bad bug :p.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2005
  7. RXV2300

RXV2300 Regular member

Light on the back of the computer does light when I'm using my internet cable from modem, but will not light up when I go from xbox to pc.
    My computer is rather new, so I doubt it if it's from computer.
    As for xbox, I'm still able to play games, originals or back-up ones, load game/movies directly into xbox hd & play/view without any glitch, the onlt issue I'm having is that IP has somehow vanished but as mentioned it is very much still in the setting but doesn't appear on front page.
    I have loaded some original games directly on xbox hd (there are about 4-5 of them) do you think this problem could have been caused by having certain game which might have conflicted with some files & messed-up the bios & eventually/somehow erased ip.
    Thanks again for your input.

8. Incy

Incy Member

what chip are you using? for example, if you are using the X3 chip with the x3 bios have you tried connecting through FTP with the xbox on the bios settings menu? and no the games shouldnt have any conflict with your bios or network settings. did you change anything on your box around the time the network didnt work? also if the cable is fine and the computer's nic card is working then it sounds as if the xbox's nic card may be fried (if that light isnt turning on on the back of your xbox) :\ id try loading up the bios config. and seeing if the connection will work then. also if all else fails and the card is bad on your box you may have to resort to making cd-rw's and dvd's to transfer files over to box

9. RXV2300

RXV2300 Regular member

I am using xchip. No I have not changed any of the setting at all either. Looks like i will have to reload bios from scratch & take it from there.