1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LU65 w/ DVDx HBC cant play dvds/back ups

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Keitone, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Keitone

Keitone Guest

I was able to install HBC DVDx and bootmii but I am unable to play dvds or backed up games. Ive read larrys guide(many others as well). I dont fully understand all of the technical aspects of what I have to do. It all seems so complicated... Larry's guide says LU65(mine) arent able to softmod or what ever. I was just wondering if there is anything I can do to play back up games.

thanks

2. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

if you read the guide, it says NOT to softmod, in bright red if you have a LU64 or higher.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  3. MikeMAXtx

MikeMAXtx Member

This is false You can mod lu 64 lu 65 amd lu 70 also you can mod 4.2u if u f'ed up like me and got the patch(on the lu65) i know for sure becuase ive modded these You can e-mail me at icansee@clear.net ill help you send u any files u may need i suggest trying mplayerce after swapping the 4 ios files everything should work

4. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

you responded to a six month old thread. we already know that softmods work on practically all wii's now.

5. MikeMAXtx

MikeMAXtx Member

well i didnt :-( and i was high so sue me

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

As far as I know I have all my older guides deleted with links to the newer guides.

As for the new guides all it says in red is to not to downgrade systems with serial LU64 and above.

What guide where you looking at?

As well I don't know why anything would be to technical for you to follow. Just put the files on the SD card download the WAD files and add them to the SD card and follow the guide.

I don't understand why people think they can do 1/4 of the guide then expect there backups to work. All the other steps in the guide are there for a reason.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  7. MikeMAXtx

MikeMAXtx Member

i had several issues and had to use diffrent apps to get things working but after a day i got it working Now im playing right off my 4gig jump drives going to buy an external today

8. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If you followed the guide properly you shouldn't have had to use any other apps. My 4.1 and Below as well as 4.2 guides will play both Disc Backups and USB backups.