1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MakeMKV questions

Discussion in 'Convert video to another format' started by talish4221, Apr 19, 2011.

1. talish4221

talish4221 Member

I started to archive my dvds for a rather extended road trip on an RV this summer. I decided that I could get days of video with just a few shows. For example I just started making digital copies of my Smallville Season 1 DVD set. Each disk has 4 episodes in general. I ripped with MakeMKV and each episode is 1.4 - 1.7 GB. I have seem some copies of MKV videos that are 1 hour or so long and come in at around 300-400 MB each. That is what I was hoping for when I started. I looked in MakeMKV and I dont see where any options would decrease file size. What should I do to get the size I want to get result I want?

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

It's a transcoder only,you'll need to use dvdshrink first,most probably better off with either autoGK or dvdflick can't remember which one converts dvd to avi on the fly unless you are keeping the menu intact or they are hd in which case mkv it is