1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

making a copy of free mcboot

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by najeraosc, Nov 15, 2010.

1. najeraosc

najeraosc Member

I have a MC that has free mcboot already and my friend ask me if i can make him one. i tried to copy and paste it to his MC but the file is too big. Is there a way i can make a copy of it so i can install it on his MC?

2. gam3r21

gam3r21 Regular member

You have to re-install it with the Free McBoot ELF file and INSTALL folder that you used to hack your memory card.

3. najeraosc

najeraosc Member

but i didnt hack my memory. someone else made it for me. i dont know how to hack it. i went to sksapps.com and went to methods to get free mcboot on the memory card but it doesnt seem to have ways to install it if u already have free mcboot.

4. Igmutaka

Igmutaka Member

Have you tried youtube for a guide? There is loads on there it may help you out easily

5. gam3r21

gam3r21 Regular member

You have to have the free mcboot install files.
    To get the files, download the Free McBoot Noobie package from sksapps.com. Extract it and put the FREEMCBOOT.ELF and INSTALL folder on your flash drive. Plug it in to your ps2 and load uLaunchELF from the home screen. From there you select your FAT32 formated flash drive (go down to mass) that has FREEMCBOOT.ELF and INSTALL folder on it. Once on your flash drive select the elf file. It should run. Plug in your friends memory card. Select Multi version Install. Select memory card in slot 2. Let it install free mcboot. When it is finished, your friend will have free mcboot on his memory card.

6. najeraosc

najeraosc Member

I dont have uLaunchELF on my home screen. when i insert a game an image comes out and i have to press x so it can read the game. while the is being read colors come out and then the game appears.

7. gam3r21

gam3r21 Regular member

To get to your home screen, you turn on the system without a game in it.
    Take the game out, press the on button while holding R1.
    And do some research before asking dumb questions.