Making RAR files work on an X-Box

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by mrlee76, Oct 26, 2005.

1. mrlee76

mrlee76 Member

Can someone please help me out as my technical knowledge isnt huge. I have downloaded a RAR file which is I cannot get to work on my Xbox. Can someone advise me on how i can get it to work, whether i need to convert it to another format or something....

Thanks

2. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

What's the file supposed to be? a game? If so, and if it is a winrar archive you'll need to extract/decompress the file with the winrar program. If you haven't already, download and install winrar. Once that's done double click on your downloaded rar file and it should open a winrar window

[​IMG]

Then select where you want your file extracted to

[​IMG]

Most xbox games downloaded from the internet will extract into iso form. Once you have the iso you can burn to disc or use an iso extractor like Craxtion or Qwix to extract and ftp to your xbox hdd.
    If you recieve an error when trying to extract your rar file, it probably means it's either a bad/fake file or it's already an iso and winrar is associated with the .iso extension.

3. samusXP

samusXP Regular member

UnleashX is capable of extracting zipped/rared folders.

4. mrlee76

mrlee76 Member

Thank you very much for your help.... After a bit of research I finally got it....

Thanks once more guys and keep up the good work....