1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mario Kart hits the 'scene' - Post ALL Questions Here

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Rucku5, Apr 7, 2008.

1. asif500us

asif500us Member

try updating to 1.9s..if that does not use the patch..if the patch doesn't work..pm me and ill give you instructions on how to edit the update out with trucha.

2. aloys32

aloys32 Member

Hi asif500us,

Thanks for your suggestions, I did update my wiikey with the 1.9s update and the game now works fine. Although I have experienced getting booted from an online game - but that may be due to other issues to do with my wifi.

Thanks again :)

Also - i cant believe there are hackers and cheaters already playing kart online! dogs!!

3. pospam

pospam Member

Hi All:
    I have a quick questions. I have the Qwiif USa version of the game.
    I burnt it only after first removing (patch) the update it has using WiiBrickBlocker. When I put the game in my Wii it does not work.
    I have I NTSC wii, do you guys think that I should re-burn the game without removing the update, and then updateing my Wii?
    Is it safe to update using the game, or there is any risk of bricking my Wii?
    Thanks for your help
    P.

4. wiigame

wiigame Regular member

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  5. wiigame

wiigame Regular member

I was wondering what differences there are if you update the wiikey to 1.9s instead of 1.9g while playing mario kart. Please tell me what the difference is or if it doesn't effect it at all, and why some people's mario kart channels dont work with a modchip

6. aznxpally

aznxpally Member

I was wondering what differences there are if you update the wiikey to 1.9s instead of 1.9g while playing mario kart. Please tell me what the difference is or if it doesn't effect it at all, and why some people's mario kart channels dont work with a modchip u dont need 1.9s to play cart. i have 1.9g and 3.1U and its working for me.

Hi All:
    I have a quick questions. I have the Qwiif USa version of the game.
    I burnt it only after first removing (patch) the update it has using WiiBrickBlocker. When I put the game in my Wii it does not work.
    I have I NTSC wii, do you guys think that I should re-burn the game without removing the update, and then updateing my Wii?
    Is it safe to update using the game, or there is any risk of bricking my Wii?
    Thanks for your help
    P. if ur wii is same region as the game then go ahead and update it. But i burned without useing brickblock and it didnt ask me for an update and it work perfectly

7. asif500us

asif500us Member

the truth is, you can play mario kart on wiikey 1.9b even. But that would mean patching and error, or editing the error out of the disc with trucha. So instead of doing complex things, people prefer to do an easy update to 1.9g/1.9s

8. runezerg

runezerg Regular member

i downloaded the game and wen i put in my wii (i got d2ckey) i didnt get a update thingy so i was surprised... i tried play it and it loaded the wii screen that sez to fix ur strap on the wiimote warning thingy... after that i got a black screen with the text sayin to remove disk and turn off wii check instruction manual for help.... so im wondering if its my wii's prob, the games prob or what... wen i went to system update thingy it sed i already have the current update so im wonderin wat to do.. and what program shud i use to burn becuz i used nero, alcohol 120% and 52% and poweriso.... i tried imgburn once and it worked but the next one i used dint
    others got the same prob that i did but i tried wat they sed and none of it worked... i already have the brick blocker thing done on it and its the usa version (checked on regionfrii) so i dont need to change it

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  9. asif500us

asif500us Member

the same thing did happen to me..i ejected disk and put back in and it worked.and now i never got the problem again..i think the first time you do it, it is not supposed to work.

10. runezerg

runezerg Regular member

i tried that many times on several occasions....can u pm me the link u got it from? cuz maybe its my copy of it... its not the burn cuz i burned with nero, alcohol and imgburn and same thing on each of 3 disks
    not sure but ive been led to believe that i need to download an update for d2ckey becuz the mario kart i downloaded didnt have the update.. were can i get the update? will the one on settings in the wii do it or shud i download from comp?

Last edited: May 10, 2008
  11. johnr283

johnr283 Member

I'm a little confused. I have a US Wii 1.9s with NTSC Mario kart backup. When I first burned it I brickedblocked it and as soon as the game started it went dead with a black screen. I read here that all I had to do was use WUM to remove the 3.1u_v3 update and replace it with 03.1u_v2. I did this burned it, used the update ignoring the warning and MK works. But after a few minutes of play I get the error "unable to read disc". Now all my backups seem to do this all the time. Does anyone konw what I should do?

John

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  12. johnr283

johnr283 Member

Another question. I've read several people asking if an update will brick their Wii and they get the answer "as long as it's the same region as yor Wii go ahead and run the update". My question is, if my Wii is US and I only use NTSC backups, do I never have to worry about bricking and never have to use brickblocker?

John

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  13. supercopy

supercopy Member

Hello,

I have a D2C unit with modchip, system firmware 3.0U. After reading all 13 pages of this thread (so far), I gathered that to play a backup of "Mario Kart":

1. Easiest thing is to do a system update to 3.2 via InterNet. Pop in the backup, and it should work without asking to do any other update.

2. If your Wii has system firmware version older than 3.1v3, Mario Kart will update it to 3.1v3. However this will make the game stop at a black screen, and you still have to update to 3.2.

3. If your Wii has system firmware version 3.1v2, and disable the update in the Mario Kart ISO, it will run fine.

Still, I am confused. Does this mean the system firmware update included in "Mario Kart" is a partial/incomplete update? It still needs something else (e.g. InterNet) to install a complete update (to 3.1v2 or above), before the incomplete update can go on top of it?

At this point the only version of system firmware available via InterNet is 3.2. I don't want 3.2. I know it contains IOS37, which purportedly rejects Trucha signatures. I know nothing uses IOS37 yet. I just don't want IOS37 AT ALL.

So, is it my only option to get "Super Mario Galaxy", which seems to include a full update of firmware 3.1U, and then run "Mario Kart", and let it put its partial update 3.1v3 on top of the 3.1U?

14. supercopy

supercopy Member

That is correct.

15. guayo_sv

guayo_sv Member

OK, so i was told to post my question here.

does anyone know how to change the settings of the second player so that they are not a "guest" when we play on the wcf. i want both of us to be able to get and lose points when we play.

please help.

16. Douz

Douz Member

Hi.

I tried an original copy of Mario Kart Wii, made the upgrade the game asked and played a couple hours.

After I made a Backup with friidump, burn it on a Verbatim DVD+R DL using Nero.
    The console didn't read it.
    I thought it was a bad burn so I burned a second time, same result.
    What did I made wrong ?
    Backup SSBB works, Backup Mario Galaxy works.
    I use a Wiikey, 1.9S, and my Wii is on 3.2.

Does somebody have an idea what I did wrong and what can I do to make a backup Mario Kart works on my Wii ?

Thanks.

Douz

17. egrialuca

egrialuca Guest

why on a DL disc....?

it should fit on a dvd-R disc rite?
    and do use dvd-R not +R

18. Douz

Douz Member

The backup I made with freedump of Mario Kart Wii is 8,311,680Kb (7.93Gb) as Super Smash Bros Brawl.

19. extra6

extra6 Member

Hi all, after reading all the threads, i'm a little confused.

Mine is a Wii NTSC-J 3.2J (updated via wifi), WiiKey 1.9s. I recently got a Mario Kart NTSC US but was given error code 001.

As this backup is gotten from my friend, i cant do the usual method of patching the ISO, so i'm stuck.

I read somewhere that i could d/l the PAL version, use Freeloader for jap and it will work.

Anyone can confirm this? thanks a zillion in advance... ... =)

20. seahdon

seahdon Member

Hi All.

I just purchse a mario cart.I think it's a Pal version mario cart.When I load the game,my wii got stuck with a black screen and I could not play this game.anyone can advise me how to get this fix.My wii is a 3.2J and 1.9supdate.Thank You!!!