1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mario Kart hits the 'scene' - Post ALL Questions Here

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Rucku5, Apr 7, 2008.

1. brucedlx

brucedlx Regular member

I had this exact same problem. I was burning w/ Maxell DVD+R media. I switched to another type of media (Spin-X DVD-R) and it works fine now.

Because Mario Kart wii is NOT a dual layer game, you don't need to use friidump and old dump program will work, and you don't need, nay, SHOULDN'T burn on a DVD+R DL because that will not work.

2. Sjakie2

Sjakie2 Member

My previous post of this question was in the wrong group. Sorry for that.
    ----

I have an EU PAL Wii with an unkown modchip. I have an original copy of Mario Kart. When I inserted the disc, it wanted to update my wii. This did not work however. The progress bar did not move forward.

I tried updating my Wii with my internet connection which worked just fine. I know have update 3.2E installed.

Now I tried Mario Kart again (Which is supposed to have the 3.1E_v2 update on it). It STILL wanted to run the update. This time the progress bar moved to 15% but then stopped.

Next, I downloaded a PAL copy of Mario Kart from internet and removed the update with Brick Blocker. Now i get the famous Black Screen error.

Someone suggested I try and let the Mario Kart update run for an extended amount of time to see if it would eventually finish. I let it run for 25 minutes but it did not complete. I cannot complete the Mario Kart update (why does it want to update anyway? Since I already have the 3.2E update installed) so I do not get the well known 001 error.

I would like to know what chip is in my Wii, peferrably without dismantling it. If I know what type it is, I might be able to update it. Is there any way to find out?

I'd appreciate any suggestions!

3. cormac83

cormac83 Member

hey, has neone else got an error when trying to play online!!

i got an error:61070

someone enlighten me plz??

Thanks

4. wantmore

wantmore Member

Is it safe to play online using a backup disc? I have the wiikey 1.9s and NTSC unit and game. Thanks in advance!

5. egrialuca

egrialuca Guest

do a 'search' and u would know it is safe.

6. vinchily

vinchily Member

i have a 3.2u with wiikey 1.9s
    I updated to 3.2u via internet but when i insert a MK(U), it still ask me to do a system update.
    Is it normal and safe ?
    Thanks

7. egrialuca

egrialuca Guest

if its same region as ur wii, do it.

8. humboldt1

humboldt1 Member

I have wiikey and ntsc wii with 3.1u firmware. I have mario kart isos qwiif and unscrubbed versions. I have gotten error code and black screen. what do i need to do to get this game to work . Thx

9. pukas84

pukas84 Member

I am trying to back up an original mario kart disc. I have the wii key and wii is 3.2u. I read thru 14 pages and tried the patches, etc, but still doesn't work. Can people post what they used to backup their original disc. Thanks.

10. egrialuca

egrialuca Guest

rawdump, friidump, ..etc.

11. wantmore

wantmore Member

I used rawdump for mines.

12. amussic

amussic Guest

i tryed mario kart today but i cant get it work. I see the game but when i start it i get an error on a black screen and i have to reset the wii. I have PAL wii with 3.1E version. The same thing happens when i try to play family ski other games works fine.

13. extra6

extra6 Member

Working at last !!!

I've a Jap Wii NTSC 3.2J with WiiKey 1.9s. Downloaded Mario Kart Jap PAL. used the method described here :

"You can get rid of the 001 error for Mario Kart by using the following PPF Patch.

PPF Patch
    GBATemp Mirror

NOTE: You will need PPF-o-matic which you can get here...
    PPF-o-Matic"

Thanks to firefox 13.

I got rid of Error 01 and i'm able to play after loading Freeloader.

Have tested further. If not using freeloader, the game will prompt for an update of Firmware which i did not.

14. pukas84

pukas84 Member

I tried rawdump but then I get the error 001 screen. Did you do anything else to it to work?

15. kyles609

kyles609 Member

I downloaded the iso on a torrent that was PAL and I want to play it on a NTSC-U wii. I ran wii brick blocker and then region frii. The game boots to a black screen after it recognizes the game in the beginning. I did burn the original iso to a dvd but it asks for an update. (I have 2 dvd's and 1 modified ISO)

I am using a d2pro mod chip. My question is

I didnt copy the original ISO so now I have the modified ISO. Can I get that orinal burn back to an ISO w/out an lg drive?

How do I find out what version of the wii I am running?

I am not wanting to run the new 3.3 update because I havent got the homebrew channel up and running yet (waiting on the zelda torrent)

Thanks for the help

Edit:I just found where my version is. I have Ver 3.2U. Can I run this update from the un-brickblocked disc without any problems?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
  16. vkmatrix

vkmatrix Member

Hi,

I've the same issues here as yours. Did you manage to find a solution?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
  17. classmaz

classmaz Member

hi i downloaded 2 different versions of mario kart of the newsgroups. It runs the update then it goes to a blank screen which i need to hard reset. I got fed up of burning backups and wen my original arrived that does the same.

My wii is running 3.3E and has a homebrew chip. not sure which firmware is in it tho.

any help appreciated.

18. vkmatrix

vkmatrix Member

In order to play Mario Kart, you need to have 3.1J_v2, 3.1U_v2 or 3.1E_v2(depend on your wii console).

Check out Wii Update Manager(WuM) on google for more info.

19. classmaz

classmaz Member

hi vkmatrix,
    my console has already had the 3.1Ev2 update its now on 3.2 or 3.3 i got the latest update the other week.
    The original iso i was using had the 3.1v2 update on
    any other ideas?

20. DanTeeCee

DanTeeCee Member

hey guys
    if someone can help me out quickly:

i have mario kart running fine on my pal 3.1e.
    my question is more online related:

wanted to know if it is fine playing online?
    i already have the mario kart channel installed.
    but when i went to the online option, it asked me to send data to nintendo wfc, is
    that cool, or will nintendo find out i have a wiikey and copied mario kart?
    cool if anyone can let me know, thanks.

peace