Masscool MP-1371RS Media Player

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by uberstank, Nov 27, 2009.

1. uberstank

uberstank Member

Since there isn't a section for general media playing hardware, I'm posting this here.

I recently acquired one of these Masscool MP-1371RS media players. I have to say I really like it. Network connectivity, plays anything from dvd source files to matroska, space for a SATA laptop drive and has HDMI and optical outputs. It pretty much alleviated my desire to build a HTPC since I can stream whatever from my PC to my HT setup. What I'm wondering is if anyone has seen any homebrew software out there or attempted to run any generally available third party programs. The only thing that would make this device any better is if I could stream web content or connect to my iTunes library.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  2. arpad2

arpad2 Member

I too have the masscool MP-1371RS. As a former owner of the iodata avellink player for many years this device does it all...plays mkv
    files with ease. Has anyone been able to get the provided sofware (realtek transcode server 1.3) to work in windows7? I have looked and found no support. Have not come accross any home brewed media server software yet either. Owner of the device for 3 days now.