1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matrix infinity Manager + Installing Sofware

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by speedi, Apr 8, 2005.

1. logley

logley Guest

I did use Notepad to create the INSTALL.CNF file, including the return at the end of the file.

2. Yassagani

Yassagani Guest

I am not sure if you guys are getting this but when I save the Install.cnf file using the methods above. The icon becomes a speeddial icon instead of notepad document. The funny thing is, this is the way I know that the contents in the cnf file and how it is setup is correct. Now Logley, I just did a cut and paste job with your contents and press enter at the end in notepad and it created what I seem a working cnf file. Unless their something wrong with the elf file then I am not to sure why it is not working. I used Nero to burn the contents as Romero suggested.

3. romero

romero Regular member

I've tested my example script with 1.40b & 1.45, and it worked fine with both of them. I can't find any errors in Logley's cnf so the issue might hide in the burning procedure or CD itself: Did you used CD-RW, and if so have you tested that your PS2 can read them? What program did you use for burning and what settings there was?

4. logley

logley Guest

HI,

I used Nero to burn the CD. Not sure exactly sure what media type I used, but I know my PS2 can read them ok, as I used the same type of CD when I updated the Infinity to 1.45. When I save the file in Notepad, it gets a Notepad icon.

Regards

Lee

5. Yassagani

Yassagani Guest

Nup thier is something in the way your saving the script. I am sure it shouldn't be a notepad icon. As I said mine becomes a speedial icon when it is saved.

This is the steps I followed

1) Highlighted Logleys script on this forum and selected copy
    2) Open up notepad and selected paste
    3) Pressed enter -as after paste the cursor is at the end of script anyway.
    4)Went to "Save As" and typed in capital letters INSTALL.CNF
    5) Saved it to desktop and what do I get? A file that is now a speedial icon. Thats it.

Logley I have sent you an email. Send me the attachment of the file and I will have a gork at it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2005
  6. romero

romero Regular member

You must go to Save As and select "All Files" from saving format menu (below file name), after that type name as INSTALL.CNF and it should go right: Otherwise notepad saves the files in .TXT-format and you get file called INSTALL.CNF.TXT.

I'm not 100% sure about menu names since I'm using finnish version but you should see the difference if everything goes fine :)

7. ss30

ss30 Member

Hi everyone I emailed the Matrix Team and asked these questons

How do you add ELF files to the Memory Card as I cant find any
    Instuctions.

Functions to add to Infinity Manger
    1. Would it be posible to add a feature to the Infinity Manger that
    would let you ad ELF's files from a USB Pen Drive.

2. The ablity to change the boot ELF from the one's that are allready on the Memory Card.

3. The abilty to delete unwanted ELF's from the Memory Card.

I would realy like to know how to add more ELF's as soon as possible as I have just bought and installed a Matrix Infinity mod chip and cant do much with it.

Thanks

Paul

and this is the email I got back

Hi Paul,

Regardig your three points, we are working on point 1 and 3.
    I will pass the point "2" to the DEV team to propose to them.

Regarding how to add ELF to the Memory card:

You need to take the .elf file and all the other files you want to install into memory card and place them into a directory.
    Next you need to prepare a Install.cnf file as follows:

The INSTALL.CNF file must have this form:
    CP cdrom0:\TEST.ELF;1 mc0:BOOT/DIVX/TEST.ELF CP cdrom0:\File1.ABC;1 mc0:BOOT/DIVX/File1.ABC CP cdrom0:\File2.ABC;1 mc0:BOOT/DIVX/File2.ABC _____________________________________________________

In the above example:
    LINE 1:Name of application displayed into Infinity Manager LINE 2:position and name of the file to be launched.
    Line 3:Creates a directory named DIVX inside a directory named BOOT Line 4-5-6:Copy files from the CD inside the directory DIVX of memory card.

Now, take all files present into the directory and with them generate the BIN/CUE files with cdgenps2 or burn directly with program of choice.

After you completed this process and you have the CD-R with the burned files on it, than you need to:

1) Launch Infinity manager (from memory card or from CD).
    2) Insert the CD with the software you want to install into Memory Card.
    3) Select from Infinity Manager: MEMORY CARD MANAGER -> INSTALL APPLICATION.

The Name of the apllication into the CD will appear on the screen.
    Select it and install it to memory card.

Be sure to have enough free space into memory card.

In case you want to make the applican boot as the default file than you need to change in the Install.cnf file name as "boot.elf" as follows:
    CP cdrom0:\boot.ELF;1 mc0:BOOT/DIVX/boot.ELF CP cdrom0:\File1.ABC;1 mc0:BOOT/DIVX/File1.ABC CP cdrom0:\File2.ABC;1 mc0:BOOT/DIVX/File2.ABC _____________________________________________________

Also the name of the file itself must be changed to "boot.elf".

Best Regards,
    The Matrix Team
    Luke.

www.matrix-mod.com
    www.infinitymod.com

Hope this helps I will give it a go latter on.

Paul ;-)

8. romero

romero Regular member

I still think that when making default bootable file the path and filename must be mc0:BOOT/BOOT.ELF, mc0:BOOT/DIVX/BOOT.ELF won't work because of the subdirectory. Correct me if I'm wrong.

9. logley

logley Guest

Thanks for everyones help. I finally got the application to install correctly. It seems that last time I tried, I mucked up the extensions and created a INSTALL.CFN file instead off INSTALL.CNF file.

As I said the application installed successfully for the first time. Unfortuantely when I reboot the PS2, I can go into Infinity Manager and it correctly lists HDLOADER. When I click to run the application, the PS2 makes a few sounds, then dumps me to the screen you normally get when you boot the PS2 without anything in the CD Drive (the browser screen I believe its called).

Any help would be appreciated.

10. romero

romero Regular member

There's at least two possibilities:

1: If you forget that enter after install file's last line installing does just like that: It tells that install is completed and title entry appears in the Infinity Manager, but nothing is really copied into memory card so when you try to boot from memory card manager doesn't find anything and drops you to PS2 browser. Shortly, install file needs enter after each line or it'll ignores them.

2: ELF you've used is corrupted.

Last edited: May 10, 2005
  11. jpnn80

jpnn80 Member

I got the same ps2 loading screen as Logley with Infinity bios 1.45, though I checked my elf of the latest HDL was well installed as /BOOT/BOOT.ELF on my mem card, and it was not a corrupted file as I could boot it with ps2menu.

12. screensp

screensp Member

USB
    mc0:\BOOT\USB\USB.ELF
    MD mc0:\BOOT\USB
    CP cdrom0:\USB\USB.ELF;1 mc0:\BOOT\USB\USB.ELF

does that code work?

13. romero

romero Regular member

No, it won't 'cause of wrong slashes.

USB
    mc0:BOOT/USB/USB.ELF
    MD mc0:BOOT/USB
    CP cdrom0:\USB.ELF;1 mc0:BOOT/USB/USB.ELF (enter!)

Modify CP path on the last line depending where your file is located in your CD, this should work if file is in root directory.

14. screensp

screensp Member

is there any way to have more than one elf on a cd? or doesnt that work?

15. jpnn80

jpnn80 Member

Yes you can easily install several elf on the mc if you create a CD with the INDEPENDANCE INSTALLER for ps2.

16. screensp

screensp Member

where can i download that?
    i want to have some elfs on one cd! i dont like it, if i have to use a cd for only one elf!!

17. jpnn80

jpnn80 Member

Better for you to learn how to get a fish than being given one... so google is your easy-going friend with the words "independence installer" !

18. iceman200

iceman200 Member

i burned a CD (not DVD) with the files required to install
    HDLOADER. I got the files from
    HDLOADER_V9_FROM_CD_PATCHED_by_Albertino.rar file which i downloaded.

But, when I try to play the CD from my ps2... it says that
    it is not a valid PS2 disk. I have a v9 PS2. Do i have to burn
    a DVD for it to work?

Do i need to install something else before I try this?

19. phaserx

phaserx Member

I want to load usb advanced in to the mc and make it autoload when powering on my ps2.

But i dont have a clue how to get it there.(if its possible?)

And how do i get Infinity manager installed.
    I can acces adam & toms HDD menu but thats all.

20. romero

romero Regular member

Infinity doesn't have possibility for direct autoboot, you must press certain pad key(s) during powering for booting programs from memory card. Infinity Manager can be found from 1.36 firmware pack at Matrix Team's website.